Scanner Newb seeking help in the London and St. Thomas region.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebola

I just picked up my first scanner yesterday. It was a gift. Im not sure whether it is any good or not. Model is Uniden BC72XLT. So since im a total newb i need a little help setting this thing up ><.

Im looking to just set up the local emergency services frequencies. I have the St. Thomas police and elgin county fire working so far, however i cant seem to get the frequency for lSt. Thomas fire to work at all. Also im looking for the Thames EMS ambulance service frequency for St. Thomas. I punched in the common ambulance frequency for ontario 150.1000 however everytime my scanner stops on that frequency all i hear is a beeping noise like morse code. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Last edited:

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I'm not sure why your St. Thomas FD frequencies wouldn't be working... unless they just haven't been overly busy the last few days so there hasn't been much to listen to. As for Ambulance, 150.100 is a province wide common channel that will only have sporatic chatter on it. All the day to day stuff is on the Fleetnet trunked system, which unfortunately your scanner can't track. I'm sure listening to the local PD and FD will get you a good start into scanning though. Also be sure to program in Middlesex County fire (Tac 1, 2 and 3). You should be able to pick them up from where you are. You could also punch in the EMS paging frequency (149.440) to get a bit of an idea what they are up to.

Good luck and have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.