scanner no good

Status
Not open for further replies.

flythunderbird

Feed Provider
A few thoughts ...

Press the WX button and see if it will receive any weather frequencies. Can you get anything?

Did you reprogram it after doing the reset? The factory reset wipes out your programmed frequencies.

Is the antenna connected and is the squelch properly set? Yeah, I know, it sounds stupid ... but I've made both mistakes in the past. :roll:

Last edited:

SLScanner

No don't get anything not the wx channel nothing have updated the firmware a half dozen times still nothing. Using Win500 to install the frequencies. The antenna is new just bought it is the 800mZ from radio shack I'm sure there is a setting that I am not aware of.
After I upload the frequencies the all show up on the scanner just nothing. The scanner shows it is scanning but the "T" for trucking isn't there
clyde

N8IAA

No don't get anything not the wx channel nothing have updated the firmware a half dozen times still nothing. Using Win500 to install the frequencies. The antenna is new just bought it is the 800mZ from radio shack I'm sure there is a setting that I am not aware of.
After I upload the frequencies the all show up on the scanner just nothing. The scanner shows it is scanning but the "T" for trucking isn't there
clyde

What system?
Larry

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
What specific system/ frequencies are you trying to listen to? When was the last time your scanner worked?

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
Maybe a broken solder joint at the BNC connector.

I was going to say the same thing.

If the WX broadcasts aren't being heard, then the receiver just isn't picking up any signal at all. The OP should get the local WX station even with the Rat Shack 800MHz antenna!

To the OP, another seemingly dumb question, but by any chance, do you have a habit of picking up the radio by the antenna?
You would be surprised how many people do that with HTs of all kinds, including a few knowledgeable hams I know!

If so, that could have caused the solder joint of the antenna connector to break, as "signal500" suggested.

SLScanner

Rebanded Motorola 800-900 Salt lake country Simulcast It worked after I updated it to ver. then I reset the DSP to then cleared memory and it quick working I just red about no update the DSP from to could that be the problem. also how do I reset it
thanks Clyde

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Try my reception FAQ, look at: ideas 2, 3, 4, 7, 11
reception FAQ

I can add and have seen others when they attach the bnc antenna will just push them in and have little or no reception, they didn't give it the final twist and voila, full signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.