Scanner Noises....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TERSH

I have a Pro-82. Now when an officer keys up a radio, i hear the annoying schrch noise, if you know what im talking about. haha..... Anyways, I know when they key it up, the other officers hear a little beep, instead of the schrch noise. Is there a way to make my scanner make the little beep noise, instead of the schrch?
-Thanks

mciupa

Database Admin
Nope . Adjust your squelch a little higher .

flydream777

I was just about to post about the same exact thing! The squawking noise is so annoying!!! Do the officers and the dispatchers really only hear just a beep, or do they have to get used to this obnoxious noise also?

vs1988

nd5y said:
Real radios mute out MDC1200 data.
The short beep is how long it takes the muting function to start working.

I actually like the sound of the MDC1200; the city my college is located in uses GE-Star and Kenwood Fleet Sync for their radios; my friends and I went running one evening and went by a parked cruiser with the officer inside doing paperwork. The radio was going, and the GE-Star ID was definitely there.

I'd take the MDC1200 over GE-Star's computer-like chirp any day.

TERSH

Thanks Everyone....

Another Question came to me when was thinking about keying up radios and such. The First Aid Squad where I live, they all have portables. When they key them up, they put out almost like a DMTF, and then they can start talking, is that another way to key up a radio?

-Thanks

n7lxi

Premium Subscriber
TERSH said:
Thanks Everyone....

Another Question came to me when was thinking about keying up radios and such. The First Aid Squad where I live, they all have portables. When they key them up, they put out almost like a DMTF, and then they can start talking, is that another way to key up a radio?

-Thanks

Could be MODAT. You can hear all the different signal protocols here: http://www.kb9ukd.com/digital/

Status
Not open for further replies.