scanner not hearing talk groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

okieman98

have 2 of the whistlers 1065 both have been working fine until a week ago, they use to have a T come up on the screen and i could hear everything, now neither of them have the t on screen just the g and s one only has the digital channels programed into it, this one restored factory defaults and uploaded the saved list back in still same thing nothing changed. anyone have a idea what happened and how to fix it

thanks

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Control channel could have changed. Do you have all the alternates programmed in? It would help if you told us or posted a link to the system.

baker50021

Using the Attenuator
The attenuator reduces the amount of signal at the receiver input (20 dB) and may help reduce interference from strong nearby transmitters. There are two attenuation modes, Normal and Global. Normal attenuation uses the attenuation settings for each object or search. Global attenuation forces attenuation for all objects, on or off
To Attenuate a Conventional Object press ATT anytime a conventional object is in the display.
To Attenuate a Trunking System press ATT anytime a talkgroup object is in the display.
To Attenuate a Search Object or Dedicated Search press ATT during the search.

To Turn Global Attenuation Mode Off press FUNC then ATT (no G in the display).
To Turn Global Attenuation Mode On press FUNC then ATT (G in the display).
To Turn Global Attenuation On press ATT (GA in the display).
To Turn Global Attenuation Off press ATT (G in the display).

tvengr

Well Known Member
have 2 of the whistlers 1065 both have been working fine until a week ago, they use to have a T come up on the screen and i could hear everything, now neither of them have the t on screen just the g and s one only has the digital channels programed into it, this one restored factory defaults and uploaded the saved list back in still same thing nothing changed. anyone have a idea what happened and how to fix it
If you use ARC500 or Win500 software, please attach your programming file and I will check it for problems. You will need to right click on the file and Send to Compressed (zipped) folder to be able to attach it. Click on Attach files and Open the zipped folder.

okieman98

If you use ARC500 or Win500 software, please attach your programming file and I will check it for problems. You will need to right click on the file and Send to Compressed (zipped) folder to be able to attach it. Click on Attach files and Open the zipped folder.

also is there like a squelch setting on the digital side u can adjust just learning the new digital stuff thank u

Attachments

• scanner file.zip
    5.2 KB · Views: 17

tvengr

Well Known Member
It's a zipped file. If the OP attached it as a txt file, I could change the extension to gr5. Possibly, he used 7-Zip. I don't know if that zips the file in a different format. Thanks!

tvengr

Well Known Member
Not familiar with WinRar. If I double click on the zipped file, I see that it is a gr5 file. If I try to extract it, I get an error. Going to have to go out and cut some grass.

N8IAA

Not familiar with WinRar. If I double click on the zipped file, I see that it is a gr5 file. If I try to extract it, I get an error. Going to have to go out and cut some grass.

Could it be Win500 like he mentioned in an earlier post????

tvengr

Well Known Member
Still not able to extract the file. No problem with other files. Try this: Make a copy of your gr5 file. Right click on the copied file and select Rename. Change the file extension from gr5 to txt. You will be able to attach a text file without zipping it. I will change the extension back to gr5 to be able to use the file.

tvengr

Well Known Member
When I try to extract the file, I get an error code of 0x80004005. I will do doing some investigation. If anyone else has experienced the same, please feel free to jump in.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
When I try to extract the file, I get an error code of 0x80004005. I will do doing some investigation. If anyone else has experienced the same, please feel free to jump in.
See my message to you & the attached files.

Status
Not open for further replies.