Scanner not picking up frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronedog

I am a newbie to scanners and testing a few things...my scanner no longer is picking up tranmission when scanning a custom search...maybe its just a setting I accidentally changed, but I can't seem to figure this out and would love a bit of help.

I have a uniden BCD325P2 scanner. I use the ProScan software. Scanner works fine if I scan one of the "Systems" I have in the database and it picks up transmission there. Oddly, yesterday it was working fine scanning custom ranges I put in. I've been trying to learn and must have done something.

I have a separate radio that I set to frequency 462.575. In the scanner I created a custom search to scan the frequencies of 462.500 to 468.000 the step is 5k. When I press in the talk button and talk into the frequency 462.575 the scanner just goes right on by it. I tried putting the squelch to 0,1,3 7 the max and no change.

Not sure if this matters...when I run the custom search on the scanner I'm only searching the #1 custom search...I turn off custom 2-10 so it will only cycle through the frequency list of #1 (462.5000 - 468.000)

Here's a screenshot from ProScan settings

1648754625653.png

Any ideas what I can do?

Thanks for the help.

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
Check that service type is turned on in the scanner menus

marksmith

325 has no service types to turn on.
You could try changing the search step to something other than what you have but it should work. The only other thing I can think of is to clear your lockouts.

ronedog

Check that service type is turned on in the scanner menus
Thanks for the reply...I'm not sure how to do that. However, I noticed in the "Broadcast Band Plan" I had put a low frequency of 400.000 and a high of 800.000...probably testing or doing things. I put that back to "0.0000" like the other bands...downloaded it the scanner and now its working again !

Status
Not open for further replies.