scanner of the future...

Status
Not open for further replies.

flydream777

isnt it a pain in the butt when your scanner is filled and you only want to listen to two agencies at once? .... future scanners should have some kind of reverse lock out where you can lockout everything else expect for a few freqs... like a multiple freq hold or smthg...

also, future scanners should have a separate speaker selection so that you can listen to one freq/talk group in one speaker while listening to another in the other speaker simultaneously... like two scanners in one!! How feasible do you think these ideas are??

safetyobc

flydream777 said:
isnt it a pain in the butt when your scanner is filled and you only want to listen to two agencies at once? .... future scanners should have some kind of reverse lock out where you can lockout everything else expect for a few freqs... like a multiple freq hold or smthg...

also, future scanners should have a separate speaker selection so that you can listen to one freq/talk group in one speaker while listening to another in the other speaker simultaneously... like two scanners in one!! How feasible do you think these ideas are??

The first idea can be accomplished by using Priority Plus on Unidens. or Different setups with Dynamic Memory. Or startup configuartions on the BCD996T or BCT15.

The second is available on various Ham rigs and the Icom R20.

flydream777

so, if im listening to one agency and hear an incident that requires mutual aid from another agency, can i easily select that one other agency and only listen to those two? which uniden scanners have this feature?

safetyobc

flydream777 said:
so, if im listening to one agency and hear an incident that requires mutual aid from another agency, can i easily select that one other agency and only listen to those two? which uniden scanners have this feature?

Uniden has the Priority Plus. Where it only scans frequencies you have set up as priority channels. The BC246T, BCD396T, BR330T, BCD996T, BCT15 and I am sure others have this.

Some HT's like Kenwood have a Dual receive function that allows you to recieve two frequencies at once.

LarrySC

I put this idea out about two years ago. Design a scanner as a "laptop computer". All modes and stereo audio out. Internet hookup for scanning online. Dynamic programming rather than banks. All software is built-in and display could show more data than you could use. Audio Spectrum display as well. GSP ? Yep that too. WHAT DO YOU THINK ??

flydream777

its the inability to choose what to scan that really gets me.... you can choose what to lock out, but you can't choose what to scan (except everything at once)... my PRO-94 has 20 banks, so its easier to store different agencies separately and choose which to listen to... what's the deal w/the newer scanners like the 97 only having 10 banks?

Dubbin

Feed Provider
flydream777 said:
what's the deal w/the newer scanners like the 97 only having 10 banks?

I think it may have to do with putting larger trunking systems in each bank.

electricsheep

flydream777 said:

You mean like the ICOM IC-2500? The future is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.