Scanner Pausing on DMR Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Has anybody noticed that when scanning DMR conventional channels using the Full Database, the Home Patrol scanners (536HP and 436HP) will hang on DMR channels?

I assume they're seeing data from AVL systems or similar but since these systems have proper group, slot and color code information, they should skip over the data and continue scanning. The scanner will indicate activity on Slot 1 and Slot 2 while it's hung up.

I've noticed that the same channels in my Favorites Lists do not have this problem. They are also programmed with the proper group, slot and color code information.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
In conventional mode, the scanner is going to stay on a channel as long as there is a carrier.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If you copy the channel from the Main DB to a FL, why would there be a difference in the way the scanner handles the DB channel vs the FL channel?

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
In conventional mode, the scanner is going to stay on a channel as long as there is a carrier.

Now that I look at the database in Sentinel, I can see why the scanner is continually hanging. Sentinel is ignoring the Group and Slot information from RadioReference. It's basically listening to those channels in Search mode.

To clarify, my favourite lists are all setup as OFT systems. Since they've got Group and Slot information and they're setup for ID Scan, they don't hang.

Disappointing. It means the scanner will hang on DMR channels with data when using the full database.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
We recommended that any DMR that has multiple TG's be set up in RRDB as a trunked system so that they would import and scan properly. Unfortunately, that is not the direction that was taken.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
These are all single group systems with AVL data. One group on Slot 1 and AVL data on Slot 2.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I believe that the AVR is assigned a TGID. If set up as trunked the AVR could be properly tagged as data separate from the TGID assigned to the voice traffic and ignored based on the Channel Service Tag.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
It's been a while since I've watched the data but I believe it shows as a data call between individual ID's, not a Group call. If it did have a Group ID, I believe I would see these in my OFT systems when in ID Search mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.