HP-2: Scanner port not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

nekopie03

I have an HP2 that has a problem. when I attach the hp2 to the computer, its like its not there. I'm able to remove the sd card and put it in the sd slot on my computer. I've tried to connect to two different computers but nothing happens. Any help would be great. Thanks

mc48

Premium Subscriber
Does the HP ask about USB mode and you select mass storage when plugged in? It should appear as a folder under whichever port you plugged it into, like USB Drive ( D: ). Do you have the correct version of Sentinel installed on the PC? You need HP version not BCDx36HP.
Make sure the cable you use is for data and not just power or defective.

nekopie03

Does the HP ask about USB mode and you select mass storage when plugged in? It should appear as a folder under whichever port you plugged it into, like USB Drive ( D: ). Do you have the correct version of Sentinel installed on the PC? You need HP version not BCDx36HP.
Make sure the cable you use is for data and not just power or defective.
I have the cable that came with it,

nekopie03

have other people had the problem of NOT picking up the connecticut state police? It's like they just disappeared. On sentinal it just shows the frequencies, nothing else. I'm really confused on this.
'

tvengr

Well Known Member
have other people had the problem of NOT picking up the connecticut state police? It's like they just disappeared. On sentinal it just shows the frequencies, nothing else. I'm really confused on this.
State Police are on this system. Do you have law dispatch, law tac, and law talk service types enabled? Connecticut Land Mobile Radio Network (CLMRN) Trunking System, Statewide, Connecticut - Scanner Frequencies You may be having issues with simulcast distortion.

mc48

Premium Subscriber
You may want to check which sites are enabled, if you have the site near you avoided this could happen, They also may have gone encrypted.:(
Some Talk Groups do show TE= encryption.

Status
Not open for further replies.