Scanner problem with SDS 100

baloumax

I bought a SDS 100 two months ago, worked fine.
I'm in Edmundston, New Brunswick, Canada. I usually can listen to 50903-50904-50905 just fine but for the past week or so and none of those talkgroups are ambulance.
Have they switched to something else or is my scanner not working? Scanner is picking up local fire and other non FM just fine? Also picking up weather, etc.

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
Doesn't look like it's been updated or changed at all in the database. Are you using favourite lists or the database? Are the correct service types enabled?

baloumax

Doesn't look like it's been updated or changed at all in the database. Are you using favourite lists or the database? Are the correct service types enabled?
I checked and it does need an update. I'm new to this. My current version is 2018, so now I need to update. I'll read my book or if someone can explain how.

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
I checked and it does need update. I'm new to this. My current version is 2018 so now i need update. I'll read my book or if someone can explain how.
http://new.marksscanners.com/SDS/SDS Sentinel.shtml is probably the best guide for it.

You want to go to the part called Update Master Database (HPDB). You are also likely due for a Firmware Update.

Although if you were hearing it before and suddenly aren't, I'd suggest taking a look at making sure you didn't accidentally toggle a service type off.

lacadien72

Premium Subscriber
Like Enjoi19 and ve1sef said, make sure the 3 EMS services and the Hospital service are enabled. Are you picking up other agencies on TMR, like DNR and DTI? If not, make sure your site(s) are configured with the correct frequencies.