Scanner problem with SDS 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

baloumax

Premium Subscriber
I bought a SDS 100 two months ago, worked fine.
I'm in Edmundston, New Brunswick, Canada. I usually can listen to 50903-50904-50905 just fine but for the past week or so and none of those talkgroups are ambulance.
Have they switched to something else or is my scanner not working? Scanner is picking up local fire and other non FM just fine? Also picking up weather, etc.

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
Doesn't look like it's been updated or changed at all in the database. Are you using favourite lists or the database? Are the correct service types enabled?

baloumax

Premium Subscriber
Doesn't look like it's been updated or changed at all in the database. Are you using favourite lists or the database? Are the correct service types enabled?
I checked and it does need an update. I'm new to this. My current version is 2018, so now I need to update. I'll read my book or if someone can explain how.

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
I checked and it does need update. I'm new to this. My current version is 2018 so now i need update. I'll read my book or if someone can explain how.

http://new.marksscanners.com/SDS/SDS Sentinel.shtml is probably the best guide for it.

You want to go to the part called Update Master Database (HPDB). You are also likely due for a Firmware Update.

Although if you were hearing it before and suddenly aren't, I'd suggest taking a look at making sure you didn't accidentally toggle a service type off.

lacadien72

Premium Subscriber
Like Enjoi19 and ve1sef said, make sure the 3 EMS services and the Hospital service are enabled. Are you picking up other agencies on TMR, like DNR and DTI? If not, make sure your site(s) are configured with the correct frequencies.

baloumax

Premium Subscriber
Like Enjoi19 and ve1sef said, make sure the 3 EMS services and the Hospital service are enabled. Are you picking up other agencies on TMR, like DNR and DTI? If not, make sure your site(s) are configured with the correct frequencies.
I had some EMS set to OFF. Problem solved

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
From Page 18 of your user manual:

UPDATING THE DATABASE

To update the scanner's database, connect it to your PC using the supplied USB cable.

Select Mass Storage.

Next, in Sentinel, select UPDATE/Update Master HPDB.

Finally, write the new database to your scanner by selecting Scanner/Write to Scanner.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
From Page 18 of your user manual:

UPDATING THE DATABASE

To update the scanner's database, connect it to your PC using the supplied USB cable.

Select Mass Storage.

Next, in Sentinel, select UPDATE/Update Master HPDB.

Finally, write the new database to your scanner by selecting Scanner/Write to Scanner.

Interesting.... this is page 18 from the SDS100 manual on Uniden's website. It covers location setting info:

18.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.