Scanner programming and Instruction (Chicagoland)

Status
Not open for further replies.

towrecovery

Premium Subscriber
I have several scanner radios I need programmed

All Unidens including:

(2) 396XT

BCD436HP

BCD536HP

SC230

Home patrol

And I am going to be buying the CB/scanner combo- I think that’s the 880(?). I have to do a bit more homework on that one b4 I drop the $$

For the most part, I don’t need anything crazy or extensive.

I know some very basics and am semi computer literate but some of this is over my head.

I need someone that has the computer program and wires.

The 536 is in my truck and I would like someone that can insure it’s working properly

I would also like someone who knows this well enough they can give me some basic instructions So I can navigate my way thew them And possibly some basic programming.

Email me at shadowoftiny@gmail.com for more details and plz tell me a little more about your background and why you think you can help. Do you do this for a living? Hobby? Do you have the programs? Do you have these scanners? That kind of stuff.

Cash.

Tell me what you charge. I’m happy to come to you or you can come to my shop in Lockport.

Thank You

Jim

flborror

Premium Subscriber
Did you locate anybody looking for some help myself however i am in Metro east illinois (st louis area)

VASCAR2

The 396XT will not receive P25 Phase II but is still a good scanner. The Uniden BCD436HP and BCD536HP can be programmed by entering your zip code. The essense of the BCD436/536 series of scanners revolve around setting up favorites list and making sure you have the service types selected you are interested in hearing.

If you look in the data base for Illinois whether Starcom21 or County systems the service types are the last column and are LE Dispatch, Fire Dispatch, EMS and the Tac channels are interesting as are Fire ground.

On trunked radio systems Talk Groups are associated with particular Agencies or users. The scanner can be programmed so instead of seeing a talk group number you actually see the TG user name or abbreviation. (Schmbrg Fire Dsptch 1)

If your computer literate just start with the programming for your zip code and learn from there. I can talk you through a lot of getting started if you want to send me a message through the forum.

VASCAR2

Here is a link to the user manual fir the Uniden BCD 436/536 HP scanners. Go to Page 32 for instructions on programing via zip code.

The Sentinel Software is the ideal way to program the BCD436/536 HP scanners.

You can program the Uniden BCD396XT using the keypad but there is programming software available for programming the BCD396XT.

mark’s easier to read scanner manual has good easy to understand info for programming scanners.

Here is a link to the manual @VASCAR2 mentioned:

And a link to FREEScan - software to program your scanner:

VASCAR2

Here is a link to Mark’s easier to read scanner manuals. This site has links to Sentinel software plus links to Uniden BCD396XT, BCD436/536HP scanners. The BCD436HP and BCD536HP are badically the same scanner, just a hand held versus table top/mobile mounted scanner. You can use the same exact file in the 436/536 scanners.

Status
Not open for further replies.