Scanner Programming Cable issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

nukeboy67

Premium Subscriber
For some reason, on my 163 and 135, I am getting an error reading from the scanner. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers several times.

N1BHH

You should connect the cable to the computer and wait for Windows to ask for drivers if they are needed. I never install drivers beforehand because the drivers may already be there. They assign a different com port for different cables. The Pro-163 requires you remove the adapter, don't know about the other one.

I don't know what software you are using but once you connect the cable to the computer, open up Device Manager to find which port is assigned. Set that port in the software and should go fine. You may need to adjust by checking the various boxes in the port configuration window.

nukeboy67

Premium Subscriber
You should connect the cable to the computer and wait for Windows to ask for drivers if they are needed. I never install drivers beforehand because the drivers may already be there. They assign a different com port for different cables. The Pro-163 requires you remove the adapter, don't know about the other one.

I don't know what software you are using but once you connect the cable to the computer, open up Device Manager to find which port is assigned. Set that port in the software and should go fine. You may need to adjust by checking the various boxes in the port configuration window.
I am using the software that came with the cable. The ARC300.

Status
Not open for further replies.