Scanner programming service in anchorage alaska

Status
Not open for further replies.

donald5508

am looking for programming services in anchorage. Is there one ?!! Currently have pro-scan and other Free-scan is there any one here I can pay for this service's in Anchorage ? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber
What scanners do you currently have that you are wanting programmed? If you have ProScan and Freescan, you should be able to program them yourself with the aid of a premium subscription to Radio Reference which your profile states that you have. The scanner programming services are a complete waste of money and makes about as much sense as letting someone else order your food for you at a restaurant. I personally have and use Proscan and Freescan and have found them both to be extremely easy to use. Take the time to learn what you want to listen to on your scanner and program it yourself. You are the best person to program your scanner since you are the one going to be listening to it. Once you have learned how to use the software and do the programming yourself, you can change it anytime you want without paying someone to do it for you. If you have questions, there are plenty of other scanner users here to help. The owner of Proscan is very active here on Radio Reference and will help you in any way he can.

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
The Municipality of Anchorage has a 700MHz digital trunked system. It is entirely encrypted. You cannot listen to any public safety radio calls whatsoever in Anchorage. Even fire is encrypted. The State of Alaska has a statewide trunked system. Not all services are on it. State Troopers are encrypted. Some fire departments outside Anchorage are not encrypted. Pretty slim pickings over all.

Before Covid I traveled to Alaska several times a year. I don't even bother to take a scanner anymore. Ham radio yes. Lots of activity there.

Last edited:

aps_ak

Premium Subscriber
The Municipality of Anchorage has a 700MHz digital trunked system. It is entirely encrypted. You cannot listen to any public safety radio calls whatsoever in Anchorage. Even fire is encrypted. The State of Alaska has a statewide trunked system. Not all services are on it. State Troopers are encrypted. Some fire departments outside Anchorage are not encrypted. Pretty slim pickings over all.

Before Covid I traveled to Alaska several times a year. I don't even bother to take a scanner anymore. Ham radio yes. Lots of activity there.

While you are correct that the vast majority of public safety on the system is encrypted, it is misleading to say that the entire system is encrypted. The author of this post has previously made posts to figure out how to listen to People Mover - city buses - and those channels are not encrypted. Airport PD is still on 800 conventional. Medic-to-Hospital Channel is surprisingly mostly in the clear. It is slim pickings, but occasionally there is a thing or two to listen to.

Status
Not open for further replies.