Scanner Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryHood

Premium Subscriber
My friend bought a WHISTLER Mobile Scanner Desktop Radio and asked me if i could program it. In the booklet that came along it says about using RadioReference .com. I registered and everything . He gave me a list of the frequencies he wants in but how do you go about putting the frequencies in using this program. they said it was the best way to program the scanner, I'm beginning to wonder. Can anybody help me

Gary

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
My friend bought a WHISTLER Mobile Scanner Desktop Radio and asked me if i could program it. In the booklet that came along it says about using RadioReference .com. I registered and everything . He gave me a list of the frequencies he wants in but how do you go about putting the frequencies in using this program. they said it was the best way to program the scanner, I'm beginning to wonder. Can anybody help me

Gary

Which Whistler scanner (model number) are you trying to program?

If you are using a scanner that supports using the Radio Reference Web Programming service with a compatible software package, you will need to purchase a premium subscription at RR and get one of the software packages for the scanner you are programming:

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/content/?cid=3

baayers

Which model of scanner did your friend purchase? Also what area are you trying to program? Unfortunately without this information there is not enough information to answer your questions. As far as RR goes you can either use the information provided on the site to manually program the Scanner by keypad or you can use software to download the information for you. Once you provide the additional information I'm sure you will get a lot more information as to where to go from here.

GaryHood

Premium Subscriber
scanner programing

the model number for the Whistler is WS1065 and the frequencies i want to put in are for Northumberland County

GaryHood

Premium Subscriber
Whistler WS1065 is the Model. I want frequencies for Northumberland County

DJ11DLN

Whistler WS1065 is the Model. I want frequencies for Northumberland County
If you are asking about software, that will be an additional cost. Win500, ARC500, or PSREdit will work to program that scanner. All will import from the RRDB if you have the membership and all have a free trial period so you can evaluate before you buy. You will also need a programming cable, which is an additional cost as well. It's available through Whistler or can often be found used on eBay.

I know this is all bad news, more money needing to be spent to get it done...the alternative is manually programming the scanner, which will cost nothing as you can look at anything in the DB for free. Here's a link to the easier-to-read manual which will help with figuring all of that out.
Easier to Read Pro-651/652/106/197 - WS1040/1065 - PSR 500/600 Digital Scanner Manual

They are good scanners, within their limitations. I have the Pro-197 which is the same thing with a different name on the case. It's my favorite for decode quality and audio. Good luck and let us know what you decided to do and how it worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.