scanner programs on 'netbooks'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

screenersam

I hate motrbro
thanks for all the free tech help!!! :)
I am returning the original netbook and bought an EEE from Best Buy, running Windows XP. I like it much better already.
I tried to connect it to my desktop wi usb cable but no go. I think I need some kind of router?

anyway I can take it to work and use the wifi and download the Butel there (hopefully!)

N9JIG

Sheriff
This might be beyond the range of this forum, but if you have a WiFi router/Access point you need to set the NetBook for it. If no WiFi you can plug your netbook directly into the router with a Cat5 cable.

screenersam

I hate motrbro
This might be beyond the range of this forum, but if you have a WiFi router/Access point you need to set the NetBook for it. If no WiFi you can plug your netbook directly into the router with a Cat5 cable.

I take it a 'cat 5 cable' does stuff a plain usb connection won't. that's the sort of thing I don't know about.

anyhoo I got the Butel programmed downloaded and running. tonight I hook the 898T up to it and hope the cable doesn't need installing etc.

rmiller818

In short, it sounded to me like you were trying to get internet access by connecting your netbook and desktop with a USB cable, I don't know of a way that would work.

However, Most external modems have a USB port that you could use to connect directly to a PC.

Depending on the type of internet service would determine how best to setup your connection for multiple PCs.

N9JIG

Sheriff
I take it a 'cat 5 cable' does stuff a plain usb connection won't. that's the sort of thing I don't know about.

anyhoo I got the Butel programmed downloaded and running. tonight I hook the 898T up to it and hope the cable doesn't need installing etc.

Look on your netbook for an 8-pin jack that looks like an oversized modular phone jack. This is commonly called an RJ45 and is used to connect to a router or directly to your cable or DSL modem for Internet connectivity. Cat5 is the common name for the cable used to connect the RJ45 on your computer to the RJ45 on the router or modem.

If you have connected to the Internet via WiFi then you don't need to worry about the Cat5 cable.

USB is used to connect to various peripherals, such as mice, flash drives, CD-ROM's, radio programming cables etc. While it too can be used to connect to some routers or Cable/DSL modems, it is more common to use a network connection like the RJ45.

screenersam

I hate motrbro
my netbook doesn't recognize the cable to the scanner. can't install driver cuz it's on a disk. want to download the driver from internet. very frustrating.

screenersam

I hate motrbro
got an external drive (more $!) and still wouldn't connect; went into the Butel program and checked settings...YES!!! It Work!!!

now I just need someone to figure out that Edacs Provoice and I'll be set! ;-)

SCPD

QRT
got an external drive (more $!) and still wouldn't connect; went into the Butel program and checked settings...YES!!! It Work!!!

now I just need someone to figure out that Edacs Provoice and I'll be set! ;-)

EDACS PRO voice can NOT be heard/monitored ON any scanner made today & most likely will never be. I have ben waiting for for abouyt 8 years hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.