Scanner Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

svfire1

I am looking at getting a new scanner. I have a Pro-106 that I love but I want something newer if possible (Handheld Digital) and something similar to the Pro 106. I would like to stay with RadioShack but I will go with something else. .Any help would be great. Thanks.

n5ims

Wait a few months when Whistler, the company that took over from GRE (they made the scanners for RS), release their models. Last word was it would be sometime during the 1st quarter of 2014, which places it in March or so. You could also look at the new Unidens that just started shipping.

Last edited:

lep

Some Radio Shack scanners were made by Uniden. GRE also sold scanners under their own name and had a booth at a number of trade-shows and "hamfests" in 2011 until their demise. Their US representative in those days had the amateur vanity call sign W6GRE. I do not know whether he is with the 'Whistler team' or not, nor who their front people are. If they are monitoring rr.com forums they have not made their presence known.

jfhtm350

You already have the newest model RS (GRE) made execpt for the GRE PSR800. From the pics I saw of the Whistler models, they look exactly the same as the latest from GRE. From that info you will probably have to go with Uniden.

n5ims

There are pics from Whistler of what was to be the GRE PSR-900 and many expect that they'll finish up that model and introduce it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.