scanner record pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
anyone try the program - scanner record pro?
Scanner Recorder Pro

if so, is it worth it?

i have been using the free version for several years now, and i am happy as heck with it. but before i get the pro version, i wanted to hear feedback on it.

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
I have scanner record pro now,
the BEST program ever to record audio from my scanner!

So many options, it is great! I am absolutely thrilled with this program!

I highly recommend everyone buying this software! The pro version rocks!

Scanner Recorder Pro

Last edited:

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
I love it... It's used for the only public recording of space station to ground audio at NASA... Index of /

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
I have used Scanner Recorder 1.9 for several years on several different computers and all have exhibited the same random problem: from time to time ScanRec would record garbled audio until I exited the program and restarted it, then it was clean.

I hope this is fixed in the Pro version. It's really bummer to play back scanner recordings only to find that half of them were ruined.

j86u

Scanner Recorder 1.9 works very well for me. I have tried Vox2File but for some reason ScanRec seems to work better. Only problem I have with ScanRec is that it takes a few clicks to start a new recording.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
Pay it!

I think for the number of years that I happily used Scanner Recorder (free) I can probably fork over $10 or $20 to Dave for the Pro version without breaking the bank, even in these lean times.

In fact, I'm gonna go do that right now.

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
Pro version is WAY better than the free version!

I have not had one problem since I have gotten it! Very flawless and easy to use!

The audio quality is remarkable!

I can honestly say, this is by far, the best audio recording program i have ever used! (I have used many)

Well worth the upgrade!

BOTE - the pro version audio quality is remarkable! I am sure you have found this out, since you bought it ;)

RedPenguin

I know older thread

I know this is an older thread but it's the only one I could find with a bunch of ppl who say they use SR Pro.

I have tried to email the author of the program but haven't gotten any response in almost 2 weeks.

I have an older version of SRPro before it had Uniden Support and I can use "start srpro.exe srpro.srp" in a batch file on startup.

Now the latest version off the web site, just gives me Audio Index not found or some message when I try to do the same.

Anyone else have/had this issue?

I truly enjoy the program and am glad I donated to get the Pro but this "bug" is making the program a lot harder to use.

EDIT: It appears for some reason if you take out the command "start" it works, but then you are stuck with the command prompt never closing, but I can deal with it for now.

Last edited:

dacaskie

I love SRPro, but i too wish i could autostart the vox recording after a restart on remote pc, for now a daily login is required to ensure audio is recorded. has anyone else had sucess with a config file via a batch file approach like with scannercast??

Doc

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
I know this is an older thread but it's the only one I could find with a bunch of ppl who say they use SR Pro.

I have tried to email the author of the program but haven't gotten any response in almost 2 weeks.

I have an older version of SRPro before it had Uniden Support and I can use "start srpro.exe srpro.srp" in a batch file on startup.

Now the latest version off the web site, just gives me Audio Index not found or some message when I try to do the same.
EDIT: It appears for some reason if you take out the command "start" it works, but then you are stuck with the command prompt never closing, but I can deal with it for now.

The guy has a "day job" so he is probably busy with that, or maybe your support request got sent to his junk mail folder. Try again with a different subject line and don't include any URL links in the message body as that can trigger spam catchers.

To solve your problem you might try specifying the startup directory to the START command. This will tell Scanner Recorder where to find its file, if in fact that is what it is missing. It will take some playing around to get it right, and I have found that you can't test START outside of the script, it must be invoked exactly the same way as it would be in production use. It's time-consuming, but it's the only way to guarantee that it will work when you turn your back on the thing.

Good luck.

p.s. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with posting to an old thread because it keeps the discussion in one place. Why fracture the same discussion across multiple threads? That meme must die a quick death.

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
I haven't came across this problem. Still runs flawlessly and great audio.

I agree with Bote, I think he prob. had a day job or you may have put something in the email that triggered spam. Retry the email, with different subject and no links in it. If no response within a day or so, I am sure the author will get back to you when he can.

Status
Not open for further replies.