Scanner recorder not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechnoDave

Hey yall,
Technical or computer assistance needed here. I plugged the scanner into the computer last night and heard the sound coming out of my speakers. I opened a new file on the scanner recorder and hit RECORD the little thingy moved across the screen as it should, but it was not recording. I played with the squelch but it did not seem to matter.
Thoughts?
Thanks,
Dave

gcgrotz

I've installed it on 2 computers ok now. Do you have more than one soundcard? It may be looking for a different one. There doesn't seem to be many options to choose, it usually just works.

KC0QNB

Or you could try a different program, called xcorder now called vox to file there is a link in the recording wiki. look here it is under recording utilities I had scanrec and several others IMO this one is the best has the most features.

blackacid

Did you happen to make sure that the right input is selected?

Instead of typing it all out here....take a look at step 2 on the following link. Follow step 2 until you get to #4. Make sure the vol sliders are turned up on mic and line in on this recording screen. Check to see which input is selected.... line in or mic. If line in is selected then change the selection to mic. If the mic is checked change the selection to line in. You may want to do this with scanner recorder open and the vol/squelch up so you can hear static and see when it starts to record.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=bph07158&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3412713

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
A simple audio cable from your speaker or headphones to either the line-in or mic-in on your PC is all you need. Keep it nice and short to minimize possible noise pickup. Check to see whether your soundcard has a stereo or mono input - sometimes you can look that up on the soundcard manufacturer's website. It's generally pretty safe, though, to go mono - you'll just hear out of one speaker rather than 2

Also see below for some hints;
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Connecting_Radios_to_Soundcards

73 Mike

Last edited:

TechnoDave

Im not at home to check it, but I bet its the line in thingy. I'll let ya know.

Reconrider... a cable with two male ends plugs from your headset jack on the scanner into the audio imput on your computer. I dont recall the size, as Im sure someone will speak up here with it... but it is easily available at Radshack.

Status
Not open for further replies.