Scanner Recorder ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know of another scanner recorder other that this one?

http://www.davee.com/

This one is very good but is very limited in options. I have multiple sound cards installed in my computer that I record with. This recorder I'm using will not let you choose a input device, it defaults to one and will not change. I would like to be able to record multiple radios at once. Also this software will not let you change the install path so multiple installations in different directories is not possible.

Any suggestions besides running another computer?

lugoffman

Skypilot007 said:

This one is very good but is very limited in options. I have multiple sound cards installed in my computer that I record with. This recorder I'm using will not let you choose a input device, it defaults to one and will not change. I would like to be able to record multiple radios at once. Also this software will not let you change the install path so multiple installations in different directories is not possible.

how do I get this program to work do I need some type of cable

andrewccm

Premium Subscriber
What kind of scanners? I just use bcTool for mine (running multiple instances) each are recorded separately. It does a decent job at logging and separating out recordings. Allows you to set thresholds to eliminate short transmissions, etc...Also records in MP3 and other lightweight recording CODECs. I like how it will take the recordings and label them according to frequency and system names...Makes it easy to look at your logs and figure out what you want to go back and listen to..

Works with Uniden scanners.

Last edited:

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
CherokeeKid said:

I'm looking for a PC based recorder. The one on that site is about the same as the one I'm using. Can't select input device, can't change install directory and it makes a seperate file for each transmission so I end up with 200 very small files by the time the recording is done. I've searched a lot and these two are the only PC based audio recorder witha VOX function.

DELCOLHFC

Have you looked at XCORDER?

I use XCORDER and it performs well for me. I don't know about the ability to select input devices and install directories (not a computer geek, and never had the need to look into it) but it does have a very good adjustable VOX feature and files can be set for every hour or just one big file. Have a look, see if it will fit your needs. From the WIKI http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Recording_Software_and_Tips

andrewccm

Premium Subscriber
Skypilot007 said:
I'm looking for a PC based recorder. The one on that site is about the same as the one I'm using. Can't select input device, can't change install directory and it makes a seperate file for each transmission so I end up with 200 very small files by the time the recording is done. I've searched a lot and these two are the only PC based audio recorder witha VOX function.

Again.. What scanners are you using? The one I mention (for Uniden DMA scanners) does much of what you ask other than concatenate the individual files. It does, however, have the ability to create .m3u playlists, place in separate directories by frequency and system names, etc..

Good luck.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
I'm using the line output of a BC796D to feed the mic input of one of the sound cards in the computer. It works great but I just would like to find something more flexible. I'll give XCORDER a try and some of the others from the wiki list and post back with results. Another problem I'm having is that the current recorder I'm using clashes with TeamSpeak even though I have that set up one of the other sound cards. I can only run one or the other, not both simutaniously. These dam computers....

xpawel15x

My Dell Inspiron laptop mutes my scanner's audio when plugged in and the audio does not come through the laptops's speakers. I learned that Inspirons were made to mute the line in audio unless some change is done in the computer's registry. Can anyone help me with this..?

KC0QNB

Xcorder is the best I have found but it is now called Vox2file, looks cool too.
vox2.jpg

go get it, yes you will need a cable unless you have a fancy scanner.

Last edited:

Austin4Wyo

KC0QNB said:
Xcorder is the best I have found but it is now called Vox2file, looks cool too.
vox2.jpg

go get it, yes you will need a cable unless you have a fancy scanner.

I'm curious regarding this one...just downloaded it, seems to be a great program. However, when I go to open a new audio file, it won't let me change the file type. Instead of PCM, I'd prefer to save in MP3 format. So I set it to whatever setting I like, and then go to record, and get a message that there's not enough memory to perform the task. Any idea what's causing that and how to fix it? (For the record, I have plenty of system resources and what not at hand...no issues there)

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Skypilot007 said:

Have you looked at his SR Pro version? He just released a major update for it today!

Last edited:

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
GreatLakes said:
Have you look at his SR Pro version? He just released a major update for it today!

How about that...I've been waiting for that.

I tried the Xcorder and its decent. I need to tweak it a bit more but I think it will be usable. I'm still having issues with Xcorder and the other scanner recorder clashing with Teamspeak even though they are set up on different sound cards....

I'll try this latest version this one when I get home today.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I use Audacity. While it does not do VOX on the fly (which I always find clips some part of the beginning of every transmission) you can easily post-process the file to either remove blank spaces or save out multiple files based on blank spaces. Seems to support more than 2 simultaneous tracks, but I don't have the hardware to see how that part works.

RedPenguin

I know this an old thread but, I have the same problem....

I know this is an old thread, but I have the same problem.

Audacity only seems to record one sound card at a time.

Has anyone figured this one out?

Status
Not open for further replies.