Scanner Recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishman75

Premium Subscriber
Im trying to record from my scanner (bc296d) into my computer through the line-in jack I'm trying to find a program that is easy to use and only records when there is something coming voer the scanner. If anyone is familiar with Baltimore City, I'm trying to record Box Alarms. If anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks

I can be reached at leftydrummer@comcast.net

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Yes, both are quite good but don't discriminate between Box Alarms and any other voice traffic. I don't know of anything that does 73s Mike

1080iAddict

You would need a Uniden 396, 996 or other tone decode radio. Then set the system to recognize the tones for box alarms. Once that is done, use one of those programs and it will only record audio when the tone alert releases the squelch. Of course, you could not use the radio for other purposes so it would need to be a dedicated radio for that purpose that sits on the tone channel.

Llwellyn

1080iAddict said:
You would need a Uniden 396, 996 or other tone decode radio. Then set the system to recognize the tones for box alarms. Once that is done, use one of those programs and it will only record audio when the tone alert releases the squelch. Of course, you could not use the radio for other purposes so it would need to be a dedicated radio for that purpose that sits on the tone channel.

Unfortunately, we've not had much (any, in my case) luck getting the 396T to alert on the box alarm tones; they don't play them long enough for the warble to activate the alert tone and open the squelch. It could also be the warble itself alternates too quickly to be detected properly. I tried with several different recordings to no avail, and it has never worked on a live dispatch either.

1080iAddict

Llwellyn said:
Unfortunately, we've not had much (any, in my case) luck getting the 396T to alert on the box alarm tones; they don't play them long enough for the warble to activate the alert tone and open the squelch. It could also be the warble itself alternates too quickly to be detected properly. I tried with several different recordings to no avail, and it has never worked on a live dispatch either.

Hmmm. Never tried baltimore City. It does work for Baltimore County's warble tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.