Scanner repair in Richmond Va

Status
Not open for further replies.

richrowl

Premium Subscriber
Scanner repair

Is there somewhere in Richmond I can get my Pro 106 worked on? I need a new keypad installed
A local radio shop would probably charge $75.00 an hour or up more providing they could obtain the parts.
Best bet is to have one of the Radio Shack dealers send it to their repair facility. I have always found it best to send something back to the manufacturers repair facility. I have dealt with both RS and Uniden over the years.

Wahoos4Life

Premium Subscriber
A local radio shop would probably charge $75.00 an hour or up more providing they could obtain the parts.
Best bet is to have one of the Radio Shack dealers send it to their repair facility. I have always found it best to send something back to the manufacturers repair facility. I have dealt with both RS and Uniden over the years.
yea but dosent that cost like $150 and take like 3weeks to get it back, I dont have warrinty on my scanner

richrowl

Premium Subscriber
$50.00 repair

yea but dosent that cost like $150 and take like 3weeks to get it back, I dont have warrinty on my scanner
Over the years between RS and Uniden I have had 4 scanners repaired. None were over $50.00 and some returned within 10 days of the drop off date. Have you considerd getting a repair price quote from RS. There is no way you will get all the answers or cost in this forum

KF4ZTO

I had to send my Radioshack HTX-202 (remember those? I still have mine!) to the RS service center to get the LCD display replaced, apparently it was a common problem with my production run for the '202 I have. Took about two weeks and cost under 70 bucks.

I second richrowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.