Scanner Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepCover757

Does anyone know of any good scanner repair shops in the Hampton Roads area? I have a couple of old radios that need some minor repairs to the bnc connections that I can't fix. Thanks in advance.

CVASSB

I have a Radio Shack Pro-96 that stopped working,that I wanted to keep. I took it to Radio Shack,and they sent it off to be repaired. They put a updated version of the Pro-96 CPU in it. It was not cheap.

If you want to buy a good scanner,my advice would be to buy the GRE-PSR-800. It is a user friendly,and in my opinion the best scanner out there.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

What brand and model of scanners? Some people might be willing to tackle older stuff, that might not be willing to work on newer stuff.

brownlab

Washington DC, Alexandria/Fairfax County /Loudoun
Does anyone know of any good scanner repair shops in the Hampton Roads area? I have a couple of old radios that need some minor repairs to the bnc connections that I can't fix. Thanks in advance.

I would try a place like Discount Two Way Radio Repair if you are just looking for some one to do some BNC work for you. You will probably have to send them the units but they are all over the place. I might also try a marine store that sells radios. There must be serveral of them in Norfolk.
Two-Way Radio Repair | Motorola, Icom, Kenwood, Vertex

However there are not many places that do work on older scanners. I had a Uniden 250D scanner that just needed a new power port but I could not find anyone who wanted to work on it. Sometimes it is just cheaper to upgrade but in your case, these guys will probably do the BNC work fairly cheaply. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.