Scanner Screw-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

bear105

Just got back from a week in Ocean City. Beforehand, I diligently researched OC and Worcester Co in the RR database and downloaded the info to ARC396. I made sure I charged up the batteries and packed everything for a week of listening. But, of course, I forgot to load the systems from ARC396 to the scanner. Duh...

Anyhow managed to get OC printed and hand poked the freqs in...but had to look at the sheet for the talkgroups. What a pleasure the RR database and the ARC software has become...

mlevin

I feel you pain. I recently had one of my own scanner screwups. I was driving through New York on the way back up to college from Baltimore and accidently saved my new jersey v-folder on my pro 96 over my Connecticut folder. Fortunately, I had my other scanner with me, but since I have all of my scanner files at home in B'more, and no Win96 on my laptop, I had to go a whole month without one of my scanners.....cruel and unusual punishment! :)

OldsDoug

I've also been there done that. Was in OC one time and everything was working perfectly... then 6 months later, nothing... turned out that they had changed a couple of their frequencies in the meantime, and so the whole system wouldn't work. RadioReference is great!

DK

Quod ut est via is vadum existo.

hoser147

I could see that

Just got back from a week in Ocean City. Beforehand, I diligently researched OC and Worcester Co in the RR database and downloaded the info to ARC396. I made sure I charged up the batteries and packed everything for a week of listening. But, of course, I forgot to load the systems from ARC396 to the scanner. Duh...

Anyhow managed to get OC printed and hand poked the freqs in...but had to look at the sheet for the talkgroups. What a pleasure the RR database and the ARC software has become...

Well I aint done that yet, But its not beyond my scope of things...........H:lol:ser

Status
Not open for further replies.