Scanner seems to stop receiving signals after several days the scanner has been on

Status
Not open for further replies.

airwolf.66

Feed Provider
Has anyone seen an issue with an SDS200 that has been running for several days to basically stop receiving signals. It shows that it is scanning but doesn't really stop to hear traffic. Then I also noticed that on air 123 mhz bands when people was talking it sounded very digital and could not understand.
When I noticed this problem I turned on my 536 which is on the same antenna and could here everything from that. I locked onto a AZ DPS 400 mhz channel on the SDS200 and would not pick anything up and never showed any signal.
I then turned off the SDS200 and back on and now everything seems to be running fine. Both scanners lock onto the same channel including the AZ DPS 400 mhz.

rsgorman

Premium Subscriber
Occasionally when I turn on my SD200 it will start scanning but I will hear nothing. If I turn it off, and turn it back on it works as it should. It only happened a few times over a couple years.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed something very similar on my SDS200 also. I noticed that when I'm monitoring a DMR frequency with the scanner and search mode looking for TGIDs this can happen. I haven't seen it happening, knock on wood, on any other digital signals but with DMR I have had the same issue. And after turning it off and back on, it starts working again. I don't have any clue what might be going on?

Are you scanning any DMR channels at the same time this happens? If so, I wonder if turning off that DMR Favorites List will cause it to stop? I may check and see if this happens while I'm scanning both DMR and P25 traffic myself.

Brian (COMMSCAN)

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Paul Opitz mentioned that the SDS200 has to do occasional "House Keeping". I'm thinking possibly clearing buffers, re-writing the Micro SD memory card or optimizing it in some manner, even though they claim memory cards do not require defragmenting.

Status
Not open for further replies.