Scanner Shortage

Status
Not open for further replies.

NC1

POTUS gone #*$%&^.

So how exactly would that fit into the equation? Seriously, if you can't leave politics out of this, then you should just go ahead and delete your account. I come here to get away from it and ENJOY my hobby, there's enough of it everywhere else. Just leave your politics in your head and you can go back to them later. Like him or hate him, take it someplace else.

wwhitby

Feed Provider
I’m seeing this in the last month or so.
Amazon has back orders and also Bearcat Warehouse and the prices are way up too.
I remember not too long ago that the Bearcat BC-125AT was $83 and now $124 which is ridiculous!

I've seen it on other, non-scanner items as well. Lower end computer parts, webcams, electronics, and even aftermarket trailer hitches.

IMHO, supply chain disruptions have caused this. Once an item sells out, its gone with no resupply. Then, if you find it again, the price is 50% or more higher.

Bob1955

I've seen it on other, non-scanner items as well. Lower end computer parts, webcams, electronics, and even aftermarket trailer hitches.

IMHO, supply chain disruptions have caused this. Once an item sells out, its gone with no resupply. Then, if you find it again, the price is 50% or more higher.
It's all a bunch of crap to "jack" up the prices when everyone has been out of work. Just don't support places like Amazon that love playing games with Uniden Bearcat and keep changing prices to almost MSRP now. WTF

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
It's all a bunch of crap to "jack" up the prices when everyone has been out of work. Just don't support places like Amazon that love playing games with Uniden Bearcat and keep changing prices to almost MSRP now. WTF

To begin with not everyone is out of work. Prices in the U.S. have always fluctuated with supply and demand, it's called Capitalism. Uniden has for the most part controlled prices for decades. Dealers that attempt to offer discounts get there contracts threatened by Uniden. Smaller resellers may have enountered additional costly overhead attempting to stay open during the COVID quagmire.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
On some new shipments of SDS models the firmware is now 1.10.08 has anyone determined why....

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
On some new shipments of SDS models the firmware is now 1.10.08 has anyone determined why....

Several threads on that:

wbswetnam

I'm glad that I am well-stocked on scanners. In fact, with the high prices, it might be time for me to sell some that I rarely use.

wbswetnam

No kidding! Used scanner prices on Ebay are insane!
I've been burned on eBay, with the "This isn't what I ordered, and it's broken, I demand a refund" scam. Then when you pay them to ship the unit back to you, they send back a broken item that is completely different (and 20 - 30 years older) than the one you sold to them. I had this happen with a RS Pro-652 which worked perfectly, and the guy sent me back an old broken Bearcat 250 from the 1970s.

bobmich52

Just got a email from BCW, my 200 is on the way, 2 day air

I paid $699 4 it regular price

got lucky I suppose

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
Good news

I got my 200 this am as I was leaving 4 work:)

brought Manuel 2 work 4 study purposes:rolleyes:

if the manual for the SDS 200 reads like anything like the one for the BCD536HP, its like reading a grad school text that was translated from a foreign language and the original author had borderline dyslexia.

bobmich52

I agree GN

Just reading it 4 the basics,I had it programmed 4 my area

QUOTE="GlobalNorth, post: 3336816, member: 1383908"]
if the manual for the SDS 200 reads like anything like the one for the BCD536HP, its like reading a grad school text that was translated from a foreign language and the original author had borderline dyslexia.
[/QUOTE]

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
I just checked Scanner Master and the SDS-200 is out of stock, but Bearcat Warehouse is in stock. Scanner Master or Bearcat Warehouse better to do business with?

I just checked Scanner Master and the SDS-200 is out of stock, but Bearcat Warehouse is in stock.
There was an earlier thread where someone bought from Bearcat Warehouse and the scanner wasn't actually in stock. (The credit card was still hit)

I prefer Scannermaster. Bought all my scanners there with no deception.

If you buy from Bearcat Warehouse, I would CALL them to place your order and get a tracking number.

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
There was an earlier thread where someone bought from Bearcat Warehouse and the scanner wasn't actually in stock. (The credit card was still hit)

I prefer Scannermaster. Bought all my scanners there with no deception.

If you buy from Bearcat Warehouse, I would CALL them to place your order and get a tracking number.
That's bad business.

KO4IPV

So how exactly would that fit into the equation? Seriously, if you can't leave politics out of this, then you should just go ahead and delete your account. I come here to get away from it and ENJOY my hobby, there's enough of it everywhere else. Just leave your politics in your head and you can go back to them later. Like him or hate him, take it someplace else.
So glad you noticed that and said so

Status
Not open for further replies.