Scanner Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1EDH

Is there scanner software out there for the PRO-106 that does not require a subscription to RR or an other group?

Also is there anysoftware out there for the iMac? I have a Windows PC also, but if I could rather do it on the MAC.

I could bee asking for to much, but if it could do it on othe (Windows & MAC) That would be great too. be able to program the scanner at the house and on the road also.

Last edited:

puzzleriddle

re free downloads. would that be 2 complete counties ( both trunked & coventional) or just 2 trs's or exactly what does it include?

mikey60

Is there scanner software out there for the PRO-106 that does not require a subscription to RR or an other group?

Also is there anysoftware out there for the iMac? I have a Windows PC also, but if I could rather do it on the MAC.

I could bee asking for to much, but if it could do it on othe (Windows & MAC) That would be great too. be able to program the scanner at the house and on the road also.

None of them require the RadioReference subscription to program your computer. The subscription just allows you to download the data from the RadioReference.com web service to program your scanner easier.

Mike

K1EDH

ARC500 does not require a subscription to program a PRO-106.
A subscription is only required for direct downloading from RR into the ARC500 software.

Also you can make 2 free downloads using this software: RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Gommert
Butel Software

So, what you are saying is I can buy the software and dont need a subscription unless I D/L fro RR to the 106?

Is there any way around this? can I manually put in the data and U/L it to the 106?

KT4HX

Premium Subscriber
Correct. You can manually type the information that is displayed in the DB into the program then squirt it into your scanner. Personally I prefer to have a subscription so I can automatically download all the data I want, then massage it as I see fit before I load it into my scanner. I tired of all the typing a long time ago. Besides, it only costs about 8.3 cents per day for an annual subscription. Personally, I find that very cheap for the added benefits. Not trying to be a salesman, only pointing out the advantages (and I find downloading a huge advantage).

Premium Subscription Information Page

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The way you would 'get around this' is to have someone send you a file for your area. You could then clone it, then adjust it to fit your needs. Not as pretty or convienient as getting a subscription, but it would get you off the ground.

73 (best regards) Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.