Scanner software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris0516

I have been using FreeScan for a couple years. Does software like ProScan, etc.; offer a real-time advantage over FreeScan? If so, what?
TIA

Edit: When I tried to run the installer for the ProScan client. Windows Defender blocked it.

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I believe that ProScan supports DMR and NXDN programming; FreeScan doesn't. And the most important 'real time advantage' - ProScan is updated from time to time; sadly, FreeScan has been abandoned. And of course there's the ability to put your scanner on the web that ProScan has, if that's your thing...Mike

Chris0516

I believe that ProScan supports DMR and NXDN programming; FreeScan doesn't. And the most important 'real time advantage' - ProScan is updated from time to time; sadly, FreeScan has been abandoned. And of course there's the ability to put your scanner on the web that ProScan has, if that's your thing...Mike
Good points. Especially about it being abandoned. I just don't want to put my scanner on the Internet.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
All systems including trunking should download. Are all the systems showing in the "Download Data From Scanner" dialog window? Are they checked?
What type of scanner?

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
I have had more than one radio software program give a false positive, but never had the installation blocked. It happens with other anti virus/malware software.

columbas

Premium Subscriber
Other than freescan is there any other free scanner programing software on the internet ?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Radio shack pro-197
There is no "free" software for that scanner model. The closest you could get is to download one of the three software programs that cover your model, then use it for the 30 day trial period. If you've already gone through the trial period on all of them, then you either have to purchase a license for the one you like best, or quit using software.

Chris0516

All systems including trunking should download. Are all the systems showing in the "Download Data From Scanner" dialog window? Are they checked?
What type of scanner?
I realized, after I posted that. That they were 'collapsed'. I hadn't clicked on 'Expand All'.:eek: That fixed the 'problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.