scanner sounds awful

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamton

Hello, I was wondering if any one has the same problem i do. i just bought a radio shack pro 96 and i have it programmed, but when certain departments talk it sound like they are under water, the sounds are awful and some of them you can hardly understand. any help would be much appreciated

wmbio

need more info

Tell us where you are and what digital system you are monitoring? This will allow us to help you with better information.

Wmbio

LarrySC

Turn the DSP off. If digital signals from mobiles or WT's cant reach the repeater then they all sound bad. I use a powered sub-woofer from a PC speaker set just for my 96. It smothes out the high freq audio and it sounds MELLOW.

jamton

i listen to jpd and fire and rescue, and sheriff dept. all the channels are okay except, the jpd. I just got this pro 96 today and it sounds totally different from my old one. jpd is warbly sounding and sounding like they are talking in water. It just doesnt sound right. i pick up a lot of back ground noise as well

jamton

i just did a dsp test on my unit and it said it failed. but it dosent tell me how to fix it

mdulrich

Feed Provider
jamton said:
i just did a dsp test on my unit and it said it failed. but it dosent tell me how to fix it

Unless you have the proper equipment connected to the scanner to do the test it will fail.

Mike

wesct

jamton said:
Hello, I was wondering if any one has the same problem i do. i just bought a radio shack pro 96 and i have it programmed, but when certain departments talk it sound like they are under water, the sounds are awful and some of them you can hardly understand. any help would be much appreciated

is the channel you are talking about in the am mode?

wesct

Status
Not open for further replies.