Scanner Speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
Hello, I am looking for a good listen-only speaker for my scanner. I'd like one that will go on my shirt just like police and firemen have it. Twice already, I have tried SpectrumForce, but the little bit that clips on the shirt broke both tries. Therefore, I'm looking for something more reliable.

I already have an earpiece, but I would still like a sturdy speaker because the earpiece tends to fall out a lot.

Sportster77

Premium Subscriber
For that application I use a Radio Shack Cat# 20-009 Speaker. I don't know if they are still available in store or not, but they do hold up pretty good, I 've had mine for at least 15 years.

DickH

Sportster I've had that one twice already and the little plastic piece broke off both rounds. Got me only six months or so and now I want something that'll be more sturdy.

Seattle should have a surplus electronics store. See if they have an old two-way portable radio speaker/mic. you'll need to cut off the connector that's on it and put on one that fits your scanner. Most of them have a clip on the back you can clip onto your shirt or jacket.
I'm not sure the impedance will be right, but for a few bucks, it's worth a try.
I've been using my trunk system Motorola for 8 or 9 years in all kinds of weather. I've dropped it onto pavement numerous times and it still works great.

Do a search for MTS2000 mic. Best Buy and Amazon both have them for $39.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.