• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Scanner Standman website shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Hey Guys,

Don't really know how to go and write about this but here it goes.
After 6 months of building literally hundreds of stands I am going to slow down and try to get back to my family and relaxation time.
I have a regular full time job that requires me to get up at 4:00am and by the time I get home its around 5:00pm. I eat dinner and spend some time with my caring wife that is around 10 minutes long only, then I am gone into my 2nd home of the GARAGE to start building some stands and when finish around 10:00 to 10:30pm and head to the house to pack and write all my Waybills and invoices for shipping. This brings me around 11:30pm to head for bed and have my lovely 4 hours of sleep.
So as you can see this was not really a 1 man job for me to take on during my regular life.
(Maybe I will hire someone soon LOL):)
When I started the website there was tons of hams starting to buy (They love spending money LOL) and just completely overloaded me!.
I loved building all the stands for everyboby here and will only continue for people on Radioreference so I will not be overloaded by everyone else that went to the website and bought.
All you guys have been great with good and bad feedback that I wanted to hear, thats how the stands just kept getting better. I will still say that these are the best stands money can buy compared to the other sheetmetal crap that people are selling out there for that money.
So again, I will still be making some stands for the For-sale forums and taking orders basically for people that belong on this website.
Take care guys and it has been a blast. NOW, WHERE CAN I FIND MY FAMILY. HELLO,IS THERE ANYBODY IN THE HOUSE!.
Take care
Ron

Dubbin

Premium Subscriber
I didn't know that you even had a website. Before you pull the plug all together, where can I see some pictures of what you are making?

hoser147

Ron, Glad to see that you are still going to do your stands for people here on RR. You build a First Class Stand. Just as the Gentleman you are, ive seen a lot of different ones that you have created and they are very impressive. I think everyone here respects family first, Best of Luck my friend............hoser147

E-Man

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Ron, Could you post a pic of a stand that could hold a 909, 996 and handheld, thanks.

MacombMonitor

tonsoffun said:
Hey Guys,

Don't really know how to go and write about this but here it goes...

"spend some time with my caring wife"

Take care
Ron

That says it all Ron! You know what's important in life.

Bill Crocker

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Thanks guys it means alot. Now that I am not that busy whats this about a new Uniden scanner LOL :)
Take care

safetyobc

I can completely understand where you are coming from. You have to put your family first.

I am glad you are still making for RR.com though.

Take care. And enjoy some WELL DESERVED R & R with the family.

matt

Status
Not open for further replies.