SDS100/SDS200: Scanner stops on DMR channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazza0768

It's difficult to see what's going on in your videos.

The first one, analog, shows that you are on system 2 and then the screen turns off and when activated again it's still on system 2.
Then it switches to system 1 after 7 seconds and stays there till the end of the video, about 7 seconds. So both systems are scanned for at least 14 seconds according to the display.

The second video where you added fav list 5, DMR, it stays 3 sec on system 1 and then scan system 2 in a blink followed by the DMR system and then the 3 sec scan cycle repeats.

Which video are supposed to show the problem?

According to the display it scans slow when you do not have the DMR system in your scan, but you say it is the oppsite, slow scan when DMR system are in use?

I still believe it to be a display update problem so please try that scan time check I suggested which will show the real scan rate.

/Ubbe
That's because its scanning so fast on analogue that the screen can't keep up, its the opposite story with 1 freq DMR video as its clearly scanning super slow. Instead of about half a second to scan it's taking 4 or 5 seconds.

dazza0768

I have a question.
#1 Do they have a constant broadcast weather channel like here in the US?
#2 If so add it to the Analog Quick Key and time the scan from constant to constant.
#3 If so with the channel added turn on the OFT and time the scan from constant to constant.
No we don't, my conclusion stands in solid evidence.
Case closed.
Stop trying to prove it wrong.
I have told you what it is.

dazza0768

You are not alone. I have read several others having the same problem with their SDS100/200.
Haven't seen a solution yet, if there is one. I know any trunked system I have programmed, the radio does take a second or two to process the control channel for each site before moving on. I am thinking the radio software treats an OFT as a real trunked system, so it does the same.
Amen.
All these other people are standing up for their little uniden scanners to say its something else when I've provided evidence and explained about 4 times.

Conclusion is concluded.

Ubbe

That's because its scanning so fast on analogue that the screen can't keep up, its the opposite story with 1 freq DMR video as its clearly scanning super slow. Instead of about half a second to scan it's taking 4 or 5 seconds.
How can you say that when your video shows that the DMR system are scanned at 3 second intervals, so all your 170 analog channels in Emergency and Kiwirail, not counting all the avoided ones, takes 3 seconds to scan, that's 55ch/s which is normal.

/Ubbe

dazza0768

I since changed the fav lists etc. You can clearly see that after scanning the single freq DMR that the analogue is slow. I only have about 25 channels active on analogue in the video.
I know what my scanner is doing now, I'm not arguing about it.
There is an issue and I have raised it with Uniden. Others have had the same issue as stated in many other places.

ludek-brno

Switch from Scan mode with OFT on to Custom Search.
Custom Search mode will be very slow. After turning the scanner off and on, everything will be OK.
I think this is a firmware bug.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Sorry you are not open to help. We are all trying to help. I have 3 SDS's 7 x36's 9 996p2's 3 325P2's a TRX-1 and a TRX-2. I have a good idea how to use my scanners with an electronic degree a radio shop with a service monitor the same as most here trying to help you. If you decide you want help we will try to help you in the future.

dazza0768

Sorry you are not open to help. We are all trying to help. I have 3 SDS's 7 x36's 9 996p2's 3 325P2's a TRX-1 and a TRX-2. I have a good idea how to use my scanners with an electronic degree a radio shop with a service monitor the same as most here trying to help you. If you decide you want help we will try to help you in the future.
I understand.
Bare in mind I have a USDS100 which is different firmware to the SDS100.

I've taken your help in with an open mind bro but definitely come to the conclusion with the help of other people of what the issue actually is and it is an issue out of my control.

Because I don't have an SDS100 I cannot see if it's the same nature on that model as it is on the U model.

As someone commented above, it also effects the custom scan, slows it right down.
I can 110% confirm that it is indeed slowing analogue and custom search right down to snail pace and it's nothing to do with the display speed as you're saying. Not in this instance unfortunately.

Thanks for your help, hope you can understand what I'm meaning with this.

Perhaps you can experiment by programming a 1 freq DMR even with fake frequencies alongside an analogue system to see if it effects yours. Also only have the oft on and start a custom search.

Ubbe

I only have about 25 channels active on analogue in the video.
Then it's really slow. When that J401 connector between logic and radio circuit board are bad it has sometimes resulted in a slow scan rate of less than 10ch/s. If it gets too many communication errors between circuit boards it probably cannot recover from it and goes into "safe mode" until you reset it.

Can you do a debug log, as that will show what the scanner are doing, and Uniden will certainly need that as well to try and see what is happening. In the log it shows the timing and when frequencies are sent to the radio module and when the lock signal are received from the radio that indicates that the squelch should be tested and if carrier are detected it starts to evaluate the modulation.

Uniden have said that they will have nothing to do with euro and pacific territorial scanners so probably Avera or whatever distributor that sells those scanners needs to be notified of the problem, if the US versions doesn't have the same issues.

/Ubbe

dazza0768

Then it's really slow. When that J401 connector between logic and radio circuit board are bad it has sometimes resulted in a slow scan rate of less than 10ch/s. If it gets too many communication errors between circuit boards it probably cannot recover from it and goes into "safe mode" until you reset it.

Can you do a debug log, as that will show what the scanner are doing, and Uniden will certainly need that as well to try and see what is happening. In the log it shows the timing and when frequencies are sent to the radio module and when the lock signal are received from the radio that indicates that the squelch should be tested and if carrier are detected it starts to evaluate the modulation.

Uniden have said that they will have nothing to do with euro and pacific territorial scanners so probably Avera or whatever distributor that sells those scanners needs to be notified of the problem, if the US versions doesn't have the same issues.

/Ubbe
Thanks for that. We do have Uniden New Zealand and Uniden Australia so they're the contacts.

Will see what they say when they get back to me as it is a known issue.

Otherwise nothing to do with antenna, many antennas in use around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.