SDS100/SDS200: Scanner stops on DMR channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pcamp1227

I have a SDS100 and the scanner always stops on a DMR frequency and doesn't scan past it.

I have to keep avoiding the channel. It's not trunked or anything. This doesn't seem to happen on any other DMR frequencies.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
There are several other advantages to programming as one frequency trunked. You can program talkgroups, radio IDs, etc that you can't program conventionally.

dazza0768

On the one freq trunk topic, does anyone have issues with scan speed when one freq trunk is turned on?
I'm currently going through the issue of when a One freq trunk is on it slows all the scanning down in the scanner. Analogue especially.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I doubt that is actually the problem. Even if the one frequency system isn't programmed correctly, it won't have any effect on the speed at which other systems are scanned.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
But when I turn the single freq DMR off is is back to normal....it seems to be the issue.
No. The programming for one system has no effect on how fast other systems are scanned. Either you have a card problem, or you're activating more than just the OFT system when you toggle it on.

dazza0768

Definently coming from the 1 freq trunk. The issue is revolving around that when I turn it on. As stated about In a comment I posted of a comment from a threat it seems to be an inbuilt thing for some reason.
Now I'm playing around with quick keys to separate them all to see if it helps.

dazza0768

Oh I have it in it's own fav list.
As per comment about I believe uniden have a thing for this which intentionally slows it down, not sure if it's a bug or intentional. If I run any other digital next to the oft and analogue then it scans normal speed, if it's only oft and analogue then slow slow slow.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Scanning the extra system takes extra time. Processing a control channel for a trunked system site takes 1-2 seconds. But all the other systems are scanning at the same speed as before.

dazza0768

Scanning the extra system takes extra time. Processing a control channel for a trunked system site takes 1-2 seconds. But all the other systems are scanning at the same speed as before.
You don't get it, watch the video. You can see how fast analogue is t scanning in one video, I am not new to scanning, scanning the otf system is quick also. The oft system has no control channel, it's just a DMR 2 way channel with no control channel or data.
As soon as I turn oft on alongside analogue the entire analogue slows down. From what I'm gathering there is some sort of programming in the firmware which uniden created around the oft do that when its on an oft system it can ease back to catch and 2 way transmission etc, the repeater dies not transmit data and doesn't have a control channel. But once the oft system has been scanned it obviously continues to scan whatever else is on to scan which is my analogue, it obviously doesn't turn the oft setting in the background off and slows all of the analogue down as if its scanning an oft system under a conventional system. The only way I can get analogue to scan at normal speed when the oft system is on I need to have another mototrbo system running which resets whatever background setting oft switches on.
Please read above comment that I copy and paste from another thread.

Ubbe

Could it be a simple display problem, that the scanning goes so fast when you have just a couple of analog frequencies in a system that the display never have time to display it?

Could you in one of your analog systems or groups insert a frequency where it is always a carrier and when the scanning stops on it you continue scan and notice how long time it takes to go around one cycle and hit that carrier again. Then add your DMR system and check again. Move that frequency that always have a carrier to another of the analog groups and test again. Perhaps the actual scanning speed are always the same but the display can't update fast enough to indicate it properly.

You could use a control channel that always have data as the constant carrier one and configure the frequency to analog only and not digital.
You could also set the carrier frequency to a negative 5 sec delay and it will automaticly continue scan after 5 sec and you only have to note the time it takes between the data signals.

/Ubbe

dazza0768

I have come to the conclusion that this a how uniden has natured the 1 freq DMR, unfortunately I don't know if it's a bug that it transfers that nature to the analogue or not.
Please look at my videos I posted above.
One is analogue only, the only analogue that is on, see how it is lighting fast. Then look at the 2nd video, which is 1 freq DMR and the exact same analogue and see how slow it makes the analogue. I put it down to the nature in which uniden has made this but it has a bit of a bug when it scans analogue right after 1 freq DMR. If I have 1 freq DMR scnning beside any other digital systems then it is fine. As soon as there is another type of digital system scanning between 1 freq trunk and analogue it somehow resets the nature while passing through it and it scans normal on analogue.

I have inquired with uniden tonight and will wait for their response this week.

That's my conclusion, whether it be intentionally passing onto analogue or not, uniden has created it this way.
Perhaps a bug needs fixed.

1 freq DMR is not too common so there is not much info online but I have seen 2 posts regarding it.

Since then I have changed everything I could with the scanner but its definitely what I say it is.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Since then I have changed everything I could with the scanner but its definitely what I say it is.

You are not alone. I have read several others having the same problem with their SDS100/200.
Haven't seen a solution yet, if there is one. I know any trunked system I have programmed, the radio does take a second or two to process the control channel for each site before moving on. I am thinking the radio software treats an OFT as a real trunked system, so it does the same.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
In short the nature of which the scanner processes and scans 1 freq DMR is transferring over to the analogue directly after.
No. The scanner is scanning faster than the display can update, and you're getting a display artifact from sample aliasing. It's the same effect that can cause stagecoach wheels to appear to be frozen on a moving coach in a movie, or even appear to be turning backwards when the coach is moving forward. The wheel isn't actually turning backwards, its a visual artifact caused by the interaction of the camera frame rate and shutter speed with the motion of the wheel.

If you scan more stuff so it takes more than a second to scan everything, the problem magically disappears, because then the display refreshes faster than the total scan cycle time.

Ubbe

It's difficult to see what's going on in your videos.

The first one, analog, shows that you are on system 2 and then the screen turns off and when activated again it's still on system 2.
Then it switches to system 1 after 7 seconds and stays there till the end of the video, about 7 seconds. So both systems are scanned for at least 14 seconds according to the display.

The second video where you added fav list 5, DMR, it stays 3 sec on system 1 and then scan system 2 in a blink followed by the DMR system and then the 3 sec scan cycle repeats.

Which video are supposed to show the problem?

According to the display it scans slow when you do not have the DMR system in your scan, but you say it is the oppsite, slow scan when DMR system are in use?

I still believe it to be a display update problem so please try that scan time check I suggested which will show the real scan rate.

/Ubbe

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
I have a question.
#1 Do they have a constant broadcast weather channel like here in the US?
#2 If so add it to the Analog Quick Key and time the scan from constant to constant.
#3 If so with the channel added turn on the OFT and time the scan from constant to constant.

Status
Not open for further replies.