Scanner store in San Diego?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ObiHann

I will be traveling to San Diego this summer and am thinking while I am in the US it might be a good idea to pick up a scanner, and save some cash, and save paying for shipping to Canada. Any places that are easy to find in San Diego? Maybe with a website so I can check out first haha.

ObiHann

not bad, $450. About $100 cheaper than the best price I have seen in Canada. Can anyone tell me what your tax rate is so I can figure out how much that $450 scanner will cost once I am done with it?

kilowa22

not bad, $450. About $100 cheaper than the best price I have seen in Canada. Can anyone tell me what your tax rate is so I can figure out how much that $450 scanner will cost once I am done with it?

The tax rate is about 8.75% depending on where you purchase a product in San Diego County. Local tax districts and cities may have an additional tax for that area betwen 1/2 to 1 % Ask the guys at HRO if there is any way you could be exempted from CA Sales tax and they may know a way. You could for example have them list your address in Canada and have them ship it to your hotel address in CA.

ObiHann

The tax rate is about 8.75% depending on where you purchase a product in San Diego County. Local tax districts and cities may have an additional tax for that area betwen 1/2 to 1 % Ask the guys at HRO if there is any way you could be exempted from CA Sales tax and they may know a way. You could for example have them list your address in Canada and have them ship it to your hotel address in CA.

The only thing I would need to double check is how much I can bring back without paying at customs, and if I am over, how much it might be. I don't want to break the bank on this since after tax, its looking like $60 savings. I'm going to Comic-Con so I will probably be buying a few shirts and toys haha.

ObiHann

moved to san diego forum. please post in correct forum next time

Never noticed there were sub forums for california, its funny, were trying to get more than two forums for canada and you guys have forums for every major city.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.