Scanner suggestions Northumberland County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batcher

Good day all,

I am new to the RR forums. I was pretty involved in the scanning hobby in years past but unfortunately life happened and I had to step away from it for several years. That said I recently decided to dig out and dust off my old Uniden and start getting back into the hobby I used to enjoy so much.

Herein lies the problem, it would appear my old analog Uniden of years past is no longer up to the task given most of the fun stuff to listen to has gone digital for the most part. So im appealing to everyone collective knowledge to steer me in the direction of a new digital scanner/antenna that would work well in my area (Trent Hills). What would you recommend?

Ideally I would like something portable so I can bring it with me in the car but can still get me decent reception. I have a healthy budget and I'm willing to pay a little extra for something quality.

Thanks.

randyf

still trying to figure this all out
spend the money and get the bcd436hp with the dmr upgrade and get an mag mount antenna for the car you cant go wrong with this combo

Batcher

Thanks for the recommendation randyf that was one of the units I was leaning towards that or the trx-1. I'm assuming the Uniden will work for most things in our area?

Where is a good place to purchase one? I'm a brick and mortar guy if possible but online works to.

Thanks again.

bigcam406

Totally agree. I use Energizers 2300 mah rechargables with my Maha charger and it lasts quite awhile. Great scanner and very easy to program by hand. If you can find a used one, grab it.

Batcher

Thanks all,

Are you all using the stock rubber duck antennas or did you upgrade?

I apologize for my delayed responses. I guess being a newbie here im still at the stage of having my first few posts vetted before there uploaded.

savage308

i have my antenna from the psr-500 & one from my old uniden sportcat, wich is more flexible and not so hard on the bnc connecter base, i do have a 9 section centre loaded antenna i got and it does work better than the rubber one, , the whistler version of the psr-500 can be found on amazon for around 400.00 cdn funds plus taxes & shipping, saw one last night

baboon53315

Premium Subscriber
Hi Batcher.If you call Durham Radio during the week.Talk to Lee,he knows his stuff on antennas and the one that would work right for your area.

Status
Not open for further replies.