Scanner Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xplorer4x4

The Hamstation has a Pro95 which I saw mentioned quite a bit around here. It used and about $120, Raidoshack has there PRO-164 on sale for $150.I want to monitor the talkgroups for EPD, VCSD, AMR, Evansville Fire, and Vanderburgh County Fire(Knight,Perry,Scott,etc). EMA,and Airport dont seem
as though they would be particularly active or exciting, but I wouldnt be opposed to picking up those talkgroups as well.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
The PRO-95 would work well for listening to the Vanderburgh county system, as well as Gibson, Pike, and Posey counties. It will work for railroad, maritime, and aircraft monitoring too. Don't forget across the river: Henderson County. Since this is analog scanner, you won't be able to monitor Kentucky State Police.

It will "trunktrack" the state's Hoosier SAFE-T system and allow you to monitor INDOT and the state mutual aid channels. Since this is analog scanner, you won't be able to monitor Indiana State Police or Indiana DNR.

It will not "trunktrack" the Warrick County system, but will allow you to scan that system conventionally.

Call and ask to talk to Jeff. He'll even program it for you too...

Xplorer4x4

Well thanks for the suggestions but its a bit late. I got a Pro-164 and it seems to do everything you mentioned the Pro-95 does.

Is there any difference in the two?

Im thinking of returning my 164 for a UNIDEN BC-246T. I was under the impression the 164 was digital, which its not. So I think Im going to get the bearcat as Id like to monitor ISP,DNR, and other digital channels.

Highpockets

Well thanks for the suggestions but its a bit late. I got a Pro-164 and it seems to do everything you mentioned the Pro-95 does.

Is there any difference in the two?

Im thinking of returning my 164 for a UNIDEN BC-246T. I was under the impression the 164 was digital, which its not. So I think Im going to get the bearcat as Id like to monitor ISP,DNR, and other digital channels.

The 246 is not a digital model either.

Xplorer4x4

Opps your right, I looked over the spec sheet a little to fast. Whats the cheapest for a digital scanner that can monitor the Indiana Project Hoosier SAFE-T talk groups? Its a Motorola Type II SmartZone Omnilink system.

F

firefighter213

The Hamstation has a Pro95 which I saw mentioned quite a bit around here. It used and about $120, Raidoshack has there PRO-164 on sale for $150.I want to monitor the talkgroups for EPD, VCSD, AMR, Evansville Fire, and Vanderburgh County Fire(Knight,Perry,Scott,etc). EMA,and Airport dont seem
as though they would be particularly active or exciting, but I wouldnt be opposed to picking up those talkgroups as well.

Xplorer4x4 ,
I had an pro-95 scanner , but not an pro-164 scanner , I know that the pro-95 does pickup an hole lot of things ! I agree with others ! IU have you look at an BC346XT Bearcat Scanner ? Because , those scanners can pick real good stuff on it ! Such as police / fire / ems , plus more !

Highpockets

Xplorer4x4 ,
I had an pro-95 scanner , but not an pro-164 scanner , I know that the pro-95 does pickup an hole lot of things ! I agree with others ! IU have you look at an BC346XT Bearcat Scanner ? Because , those scanners can pick real good stuff on it ! Such as police / fire / ems , plus more !

Although the 346 is a very nice scanner, the OP now is leaning towards a digital scanner, the 346 will not do digital.

Status
Not open for further replies.