Scanner that supports DTRS/? noob here :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

missionmankind

Im looking into buying the GRE PSR-310 Analog scanner, only Colorado's police are using the DTRS (Digital Trunking Radio System) frequencies. Will the GRE PSR-310 pick up the DTRS that Colorado uses for law enforcement?
RadioReference.com quotes this: "Aside from some fire department operations, most Jefferson County government operations, including the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office, operate on the State of Colorado DTRS."

Seems if the GRE PSR-310 is an analog scanner, it wont pick up "Digital Trunking Radio Systems"? Its all confusing to me. Im a noob to this too to make things worse.
----All I know is radioreference.com is saying Littleton Police Dept and Jefferson County Sheriff are now using DTRS so i need a DTRS supported scanner

Last edited by a moderator:
M

missionmankind

Hello guys i have a question about DTRS. Im looking into buying a GRE PSR-310 which says its an Analog Trunking Scanner.

Heres the website: GRE PSR-310 (PSR310) Multi-System Handheld Analog Trucking Scanner

Now I know nothing about Trunking scanners. maybe you guys can help me? Will this scanner above let me hear the Colorado DTRS frequencies on this "Analog Trunking" Scanner? It says its a "Triple Trunking" Scanner. What is that?

thanks for the patience :) I dont want to dish out all that money for the wrong scanner...

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Hello and welcome to the group. the PSR-310 is not a digital scanner and won't work on the DTRS. If you want to stick with GRE, look into the PSR-500, or the RadioShack Pro-106. The -500 and -106 are pretty much the same radio. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

M

missionmankind

Thank you! I actually ordered the PSR-310 and now im trying to cancel the order on paypal haha..thanks for letting me know or i wouldve accepted shipping and had a headache.
Im really like the reviews and stuff i see about the PSR-500. I found it for pretty cheap on a few sites. it picks up everything too it looks like. Digital trunking, analog trunking (if im not mistaking), traditional frequencies and a bunch more stuff. I like that you can program it with Win500 and other scanner programs.
Im going to also look at the radioshack Pro-106 too.
I need a digital trunking scanner in any casde..do you know of the cheapest ones they make or brands to go after before i decide on the GRE psr-500?
Much thanks!!

---missionmankind---

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Look to see when RadioShack has the Pro-106 on sale. It is the same radio as the PSR-500.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
The PRO-106 (Radio Shack branded but made by GRE) and the PSR-500 (GRE) are the same radio inside - some cosmetic differences on the outside.

When you are comparing prices and sale prices, keep in mind that the PRO-106 does not include the programming cable or the wall wart power supply. The PSR-500 includes both.

batrastard

The uniden home patrol1 is also a good scanner for Colorado. It is easy to program but has a high price tag ($500.00 plus another $100.00 for the extreme upgrade if you want that). It is easy to program and update with the RR database.

Status
Not open for further replies.