Scanner To Monitor Cabarrus County

Status
Not open for further replies.

edcheek

I am planning to buy a new scanner to monitor Cabarrus County. What models are you folks in the area using? Are you happy with them? Is the data that can be downloaded from Radioreference.com current and sufficient for programming. I would like to use software to program the scanner. I used to listen several years ago on an older scanner but it can no longer be used to monitor since Cabarrus County changed systems. I would like to be able to listen in again. Thank you in advance for your help.

edcheek

I have been looking at the Uniden BCD436HP HomePatrol scanner. Will this be sufficient to receive in Cabarrus County?

kg4pbd

I have been looking at the Uniden BCD436HP HomePatrol scanner. Will this be sufficient to receive in Cabarrus County?

Cabarrus is on the Charlotte P25 system, and you also have Viper which is P25. Both of those systems are Type 1, so any P25 capable scanner will work. The 436 should work just fine.

When you program the radio, if you are using it primarily in Cabarrus, either don't load, or lock-out the control channels for Charlotte, and other county sites. You'll want just the Cabarrus simulcast site frequencies. You may have issues with multicast distortion depending on your location.

Status
Not open for further replies.