scanner trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

deppler

Premium Subscriber
I just got a bcd996xt scanner and I am trying to hook it to my computer for some truncking numbers and I am using a usb cord from the computer to the little port on the front of the scanner I bought a cable and a converter plug in to make it work don't know if that is why it cant find my scanner any help thanks

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
Did you buy the cable from Uniden? Do you have the programming software for it?

deppler

Premium Subscriber
No I bought the adapter from radio shack and the only cd that came with the scanner is the owner Manuel

N8IAA

I just got a bcd996xt scanner and I am trying to hook it to my computer for some truncking numbers and I am using a usb cord from the computer to the little port on the front of the scanner I bought a cable and a converter plug in to make it work don't know if that is why it cant find my scanner any help thanks

If you are using the RS cable, and plugging the stereo plug into the headphone, it won't work. If you are using the cable that came with the scanner, you will need a DB-9 connection on the PC. If you bought the Uniden USB-1 cable, you will just need to plug it into a USB port on the computer.
As posted, the cable that came with the software from RS only works on scanners like the Pro-106/197.
This is why the computer doesn't recognize the scanner.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.