Scanner user saves a life

Status
Not open for further replies.

WB3DYE

Silent Key

ipfd320

Banned
im a bit lost on the story--the police were called--why didnt the pd unit take the doc & Organ-would have made it alot faster 1 and 2 there was no mention if this scanner guy waited for pd or just jumped and run and the cop showed up with no one around---something aint right with this story

mule1075

Feed Provider
im a bit lost on the story--the police were called--why didnt the pd unit take the doc & Organ-would have made it alot faster 1 and 2 there was no mention if this scanner guy waited for pd or just jumped and run and the cop showed up with no one around---something aint right with this story
Unlikely a PD unit from the Pittsburgh area is going to drive to Erie. Absolutely nothing wrong with the story.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I think that might have justified the PD calling for a helicopter, theirs, the hospital's, news station's, someone's? No mention of rembursing the volenteer for his time and gas. That's four hours on the road!

ten13

Premium Subscriber
But Dostlik, feeling uncomfortable with the organ sitting behind him, asked the doctor if he could put the organ box in the trunk instead.

Eh, yeah, right.....:cautious:

If the doc said, no, I want it in the car with me, would the "scanner listener" tell him to get out of the car, with the kidney?

Apparently, this guy likes listening to emergencies, just not participating in them.

I think that might have justified the PD calling for a helicopter, theirs, the hospital's, news station's, someone's? No mention of rembursing the volenteer for his time and gas. That's four hours on the road!
IF he's a Ham Operator, you cannot accept any gratuities for ham-related activities. Now watch someone turn this story around into the need for encryption?

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Yeah there a whole lot missing with this story. In most cases in pittsburgh usually CORE contracts with local ambulance services to move surgeons and organs between hospitals and airports.

Status
Not open for further replies.