Scanner whish list Please add if you like:

Status
Not open for further replies.

n2ops

More Features

1. Temporary lockout. Many times I lockout a channel because of interference and then forget it. The lockout would last for any number of minutes set by the user.

2. CTCSS/DCS lockout. This would allow listening for skip on a frequency without having to hear one or more local agencies.

3. The ability to store fire and ambulance tones off the air. So the radio would respond to the recorded tones. This would eliminate having to find the data and then program the scanner.

4. Backlight on a handheld that would stay on when connected to external power if the user chooses.

5. CTCSS/DCS counts. This would help GMRS, MURS and FRS users choose a CTCSS/DCS tone as well as business users looking for an unused tone.

For uniden - A slotted mounting bracket. Trying to find the holes on the side of the scanner when pplacing it back in the truck sucks. Going to mod mine tomorrow. That way you leave the screws in and just slilde it in and tighten it down

'smart' sound. Some stations are low and then the next ends you flying back as it is so loud!

pathalogical

I know, I know...this is an old thread, an interesting feature that should be included is an Hours Used counter. This non-erasable feature will record the number of hours the scanner has been 'on'. There are many scanners for sale that the sellers says "Used only for one hour", or "New in box, used only once". So when something goes up for sale you can indicate how many hours the radio has. It would also keep sellers honest - a one hour radio that the buyer has received shows 50 hours when unpacked can result in negative feedback for the seller.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
It doesn't matter how long a scanner is used - scanners don't "wear out" like that. If the case looks pristine, it's probably closer to 1 hour than 1000. And for the EXTREMELY limited value in this, I'd say 'avoid'.

sjcscanner

Premium Subscriber
Chris0381 3) A built in digital clock. 4) A delay of more than 2 seconds or variable so I can have enough delay to cover our FD's alert tone. [/QUOTE said:
i love these ideas.....the mp3 thing is a little far fetched, but its not a bad idea...

trooperdude

Database Admin
More durable case, especially the battery cover on portables.

Faster scan speed

Bluetooth headset compatible for hands-free listening
(I'd like this on the base station model as well). Earphone jacks are so yesterday.

More intuitive programming software.

SD memory slot so I can change programming and preferred options configuration on the fly by slapping in a new card.

trooperdude

Database Admin
rdale said:
Your last option is taken care of with V-Scanners.

Not really.

I hate v-scanners. PITA to use.

i want the option to slap in an SD card and have everything in there, frequencies, talk groups, audio and P25 preferences, even the LED color preferences.

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
I do like the idea of SD cards... but here goes my wish list

1. A scanner that can decode encryption
2. A scanner that can decode Pro-Voice

Hey I can dream can't I? :)

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
DTMF and MDC-1200 decode.
SD card with memory files and audio record to wav/mp3.
UniTrunker type display.
Dual receiver with dual trunk scan and priority talkgroups for P25.
Fire tone out with scan/search.

Edit: USB direct with no conversion to serial needed.

Last edited:
N

N_Jay

Geeze, get creative!

An SDR receiver and a MS WindowsMobile controller in one package with a really good control application (does everything all other scanners do in a completely configurable manner) and a full set of well documented APIs. (with a free SDK available)

Of course it would have UBS-High-speed-On-the-go, SD/MMC, Embedded GPS, camera, bluetooth, WiFi, and a mini PCI slot for future expansion.

durango5550

Booger D.
SD card slot not a bad idea at all!! ( I really like that idea )

And my biggest wish is a faster scan speed!

cavis

Feed Provider
Like Go-24, I'd like to see USB connections on a scanner instead of serial. I had to buy a USB to serial cable because I have zero serial connections on my computer.

I'd also like to see some type of multiple priority channels and priority channel ranking in each bank. In other words, channel 2 would have higher priority than channel 3, and channel 1 would have priority over channel 2.

Mac128k

Built in USB.
SD is good.
Most of all for me would be to add color displays like the Icom IC-7000 radio.

Attachments

• ProductHeader.jpg
    ProductHeader.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 80

gcgrotz

smr said:
TETRA :)

Our whole country is getting converted to TETRA in a year or so :(

Just hope they don't start speaking Russian on it ;)

I visited your beautiful city a few years ago, loved the people too!

gcgrotz

I'd like to see an iPod-like scroll wheel and big screen to scroll down through all of those systems and groups. It is hard to remember the Quick Key assignments.

nexus

My wish list would be to have PROVOICE and all of the other trunking formats not currently supported that are in use now.

Status
Not open for further replies.