PSR-800: Scanner Won't Boot Up: Code 3-01 0011

Status
Not open for further replies.

billalpert

Scanner card appears as a windows drive E. however will no longer operate or connect to software. Code 3-01 0011 "error detected please see user guide for more info. Code 00000002

I am still able to perform a firmware upgrade, using the menu button depress while plugging in USB feature, however this does not clear the scanner boot up problem.

Problem occurred after a computer to scanner configuration update. Software indicated transfer was complete, so I unplugged USB only to be prompted by a missing/corrupt file error code on the computer screen. Software will no longer connect to scanner, except through the "waiting for usb" feature mentioned above, during power up.

Firmware is/was all up to date, and I've attempted removing batteries, disc card, pushing all buttons, etc but the scanner will not boot, nor will it connect to the GRE software.

Note:
Running windows XP in a virtual OS, and I'm able to browse the folders on the scanners disc. Everything was working fine, it appears I simply pulled the plug too early. Thanks for reading!, ~Bill Alpert

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Replace the micro sd card with a sandisk 8gb class 4 card (do not use class 10) . You can get them on amazon for under $7 shipped with prime. Prepare the card in ezscan, ALLWAYS use windows "safely remove hardware/eject media " Before disconnecting the USB cable to avoid corruption to the data on the drive.

billalpert

Replace the micro sd card with a sandisk 8gb class 4 card (do not use class 10) . You can get them on amazon for under $7 shipped with prime. Prepare the card in ezscan, ALLWAYS use windows "safely remove hardware/eject media " Before disconnecting the USB cable to avoid corruption to the data on the drive.

Thank you, I was able to find the item for $6. Hoping this will do the trick!

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
That is strange I only use CLASS 10 SD cards in all 4 of my GRE/WHISTLER built scanners last card failure was 2 years ago when I started the car lost power to the scanner and killed the card data but the card was still good. Also using CLASS 10 cards in my 5 X36's

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
That is strange I only use CLASS 10 SD cards in all 4 of my GRE/WHISTLER built scanners last card failure was 2 years ago when I started the car lost power to the scanner and killed the card data but the card was still good. Also using CLASS 10 cards in my 5 X36's

The Whistlers/gre's don't play well with all the faster speed cards. What EXACT make and model # are your cards?

Last edited:

billalpert

Hi, I have the new card that you specified, however not sure how to prepare it in ez scan. When I insert the card in the PSR 800 it indicates "initializing" goes to 100% and and then reads "error detected Code 5-00" The scanner software freezes when trying to prepare the disc. Also Windows XP is unable to browse the disk. Please advise! Thanks!

billalpert

Please disregard last message; I was able to get it done. Scanner now up and running. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.