Scanner won't scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziebarth715

Premium Subscriber
I have a BCD396XT. I have it programmed, I think correctly. But it will not scan. When I go to the menu, all the channels or talk groups are listed. But when I put the scanner back into scan mode, it doesn't scan through those channels. They are not locked out. I have a C-System group, which is the Conventional System. And then the ARMER group, which is the one that it won't scan through. I'm sure it is just a setting somewhere or possibly the way its programmed. But I have reprogrammed it twice and it does the same thing. Please help!!

captclint

Mentor
I have a BCD396XT. I have it programmed, I think correctly. But it will not scan.
Another culprit, beside lockout is the quick keys. If you had assigned quick keys to you systems, you may have accidentally disable them. As a quick check, just hit keys 0-9(one at a time) while it is scanning. If any of them come back, that was you problem. If you assigned quickeys higher than 9, you will have to hit the "." 1st and then 10-XX. You indicate ARMER is a group, so you will have to go to that group and find out what quick key was assigned, and enable it. http://marksscanners.com/396XT/396xt.shtml#edit group options

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.