ScannerCast audio cutting out every second

Status
Not open for further replies.

tspainiv

Shelby Co DB Admin
Database Admin
I just switched me feed over from Oddcast to ScannerCast. The setup was very easy and it is working correctly. It's sending the audio fine and you can hear it fine.

The problem that is occuring is the audio continually cuts out about every second like it's skipping. I didn't have this problem with Oddcast so I know it's not a computer or internet problem.

Could someone please have a listen and tell me what they think is going on?

Thanks for the help!

My feed is for Memphis and Shelby County Sheriff - Memphis Police and Shelby County Sheriff Live Scanner Audio Feed

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
I just switched me feed over from Oddcast to ScannerCast. The setup was very easy and it is working correctly. It's sending the audio fine and you can hear it fine.

The problem that is occuring is the audio continually cuts out about every second like it's skipping. I didn't have this problem with Oddcast so I know it's not a computer or internet problem.

Could someone please have a listen and tell me what they think is going on?

Thanks for the help!

My feed is for Memphis and Shelby County Sheriff - Memphis Police and Shelby County Sheriff Live Scanner Audio Feed

I had a listen to your feed and hear what you are describing.
Take a look at this page:
RR Live Audio Broadcasting Software - The RadioReference Wiki
and make sure you read it very carefully.

Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework installed. It's necessary for scannercast to work properly.

Might also want to try giving your computer a restart and check the microsoft updates website and make sure you have all the high priority updates installed. Hope this helps, best of luck! :)

tspainiv

Shelby Co DB Admin
Database Admin
All Microsoft updates are complete and the .NET framework is up to date and current. All service packs are installed. Computer has been restarted numerous times. I did find some updates for my audio drivers so I updated them. No change.

I guess I'll go back to oddcast for the time being. I'm lost as to what this could be.

tspainiv

Shelby Co DB Admin
Database Admin
No it's a Pro-2096. I don't have the issue using Oddcast. Only when using ScannerCast so it seems it would have something to do with ScannerCast.

I switched back to oddcast and the problem corrected itself.

tspainiv

Shelby Co DB Admin
Database Admin
I've tried using ScannerCast again, this time on a different, new machine and also again on the original computer I had the issue with, and it's still there. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this? I'm pretty sure it's not a problem on my end, Oddcast works just fine....

PeterGV

K1PGV
Your feed sound terrific to me...

I'd love to help, but I have no clue what the problem could be. When I've had this problem myself, it's always been something to do with having a "priority" channel enabled on the radio. But it CAN'T be that for you if you don't hear the same thing on Oddcast.

Sorry I can't be more helpful on this one,

Peter
K1PGV

tspainiv

Shelby Co DB Admin
Database Admin
Your feed sound terrific to me...

I'd love to help, but I have no clue what the problem could be. When I've had this problem myself, it's always been something to do with having a "priority" channel enabled on the radio. But it CAN'T be that for you if you don't hear the same thing on Oddcast.

Sorry I can't be more helpful on this one,

Peter
K1PGV

I switched it back to oddcast. The audio cutting out makes it almost un-listenable. I appreciate the suggestions though.

Status
Not open for further replies.