ScannerCast Error "Mountpoint in use"

Status
Not open for further replies.

hntsgt

Just downloaded the new feed program and it installed OK and I connected to RR fine, but when I tried to start the feed I receive error "HTTP/1.0 403 Mountpoint in use" I am running XP with a SoundMax Digital Audio input. I searched the forum for "mountpoint" but I did not find anything useful.

I am a novice at this so please spell it out for me. Thanks.

richtidd

Database Admin
Just downloaded the new feed program and it installed OK and I connected to RR fine, but when I tried to start the feed I receive error "HTTP/1.0 403 Mountpoint in use" I am running XP with a SoundMax Digital Audio input. I searched the forum for "mountpoint" but I did not find anything useful.

I am a novice at this so please spell it out for me. Thanks.

I show your feed is online and it looks like you are using Oddcast.

Before you switch to ScannerCast, you will need to stop Oddcast & uninstall it.

The reason for the message is that the Oddcast is still connected to RR so ScannerCast cannot connect. In other words, the line is busy.

You can only have one broadcast program sending to a given mount point (your feed) at a time.

Go here for the software:
RR Live Audio Broadcasting Software

hntsgt

I uninstalled Oddcast prior to installing ScannerCast. After reading your posts I restarted the computer & everything corrected itself apparently. It is up & running... thanks for the help.

Besides WinAmp, what players will show the alpha tags for the feed?

Tweekerbob

VLC does a great job. Real Player does an ok job too (it also does a TIVO type thing, letting you pause comms and resume after your potty break).

Status
Not open for further replies.