ScannerCast Failures

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK7F

Over the past few weeks, I have been experiencing failures of scannercast 14 on both of my feeds on Mt Elden North of Flagstaff AZ.. The errors are included. Although the WIN10 computer is on a remote mountaintop, the internet appears good. I have even had scannercast fail while I was remoted into the computer. I have not seen any sign of system resource exhaustion, not high system utilization.

To restore the feed, I stop and restart Scannercast. No changes or restarts on the computer, SDRs nor Software sound card.

What is puzzling, is this has been working well for months and now it has become unreliable. Although the exceptions seem to point to the virtual sound card, I am not sure what the issue might be.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Brian, AK7F

08-Oct-2020 06:37:34 ScannerCast V0.14 (10307)
08-Oct-2020 06:37:34 Exception: Error in the application.
-2005401480 (DSERR_NODRIVER)
at Microsoft.DirectX.DirectSound.CaptureBuffer.GetCurrentPosition(Int32& currentCapturePosition, Int32& currentReadPosition)
at Istrib.Sound.SoundCapture.RecordCapturedData(Boolean flush)
at Istrib.Sound.SoundCapture.ListenDirectSoundNotifications()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
08-Oct-2020 07:08:29 ScannerCast V0.14 (10307)
08-Oct-2020 07:08:29 Exception: Error in the application.
at Microsoft.DirectX.DirectSound.CaptureBuffer.GetCurrentPosition(Int32& currentCapturePosition, Int32& currentReadPosition)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
08-Oct-2020 13:28:01 ScannerCast V0.14 (10307)
08-Oct-2020 13:28:01 Exception: Error in the application.

Mr_Boh

How are you remote managing? I have been running into a lot of issues lately with sound cards (which this points to) and various software. Ensure that locally the machine has a sound device and every time you remote, you have it use the sound card on the remote machine (instead of "play sound through my PC"). In general, if you can securely set it up I use things like VNC (or ESXi since that's what most of my stuff runs on) to remote in to prevent the issues with the RDP session borking the application.

AK7F

I have the RDP session set to Play Sound on remote. When it is set to My PC, I do not even see the remote audio devices.

HiVolt

Feed Provider
Have you tried RadioFeed? It has built in support for RR and I've been using it for 5+ years now with no issues whatsoever on 3 feeds. Supports tags as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.