Scannercast feed starts/stops

Status
Not open for further replies.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I posted this in the Admin forum with no responses. I thought if I asked here more people would see this and maybe be able to help. I hope this is acceptable. I thought I'd seen related threads in the past but was unable to locate them.

My feed has worked like a charm for the last three months. After changing the primary description I am having numerous audio problems. I changed nothing on my setup. Just logged in with scannercast and reconfigured.

My feed pops, makes a bubble sound, and digital sounds (even though not digital), and the alpha tags no longer work. Regardless of which player I use it seems to start and stop. I've listened to my feed from different computers with the same results. I can listen to other feeds with no problems. My scanner woks fine and it is clear when heard through the PC speakers.

Please give a listen and see what you think:
Grove City and Hilliard Police and Fire Live Scanner Audio Feed

I rebooted my PC, cable box and modem, scanner, scannercast, checked all connections, PC sound settings, and RR changed me to another server and the problem continues. I have since discontinued sending tags. RR admin suggested I use a ping software which I have but I am unable to analyze the information.

One thing that is odd is there is usually a 30 second delay, just a part of streaming. Now, at times, the audio is only a few seconds after the actual transmission.

Any assistance with the above problem would be greatly appreciated.

jschandua87

Premium Subscriber
I posted this in the Admin forum with no responses. I thought if I asked here more people would see this and maybe be able to help. I hope this is acceptable. I thought I'd seen related threads in the past but was unable to locate them.

My feed has worked like a charm for the last three months. After changing the primary description I am having numerous audio problems. I changed nothing on my setup. Just logged in with scannercast and reconfigured.

My feed pops, makes a bubble sound, and digital sounds (even though not digital), and the alpha tags no longer work. Regardless of which player I use it seems to start and stop. I've listened to my feed from different computers with the same results. I can listen to other feeds with no problems. My scanner woks fine and it is clear when heard through the PC speakers.

Please give a listen and see what you think:
Grove City and Hilliard Police and Fire Live Scanner Audio Feed

I rebooted my PC, cable box and modem, scanner, scannercast, checked all connections, PC sound settings, and RR changed me to another server and the problem continues. I have since discontinued sending tags. RR admin suggested I use a ping software which I have but I am unable to analyze the information.

One thing that is odd is there is usually a 30 second delay, just a part of streaming. Now, at times, the audio is only a few seconds after the actual transmission.

Any assistance with the above problem would be greatly appreciated.

Ok the delay is ok my feed has a 30 sec sometimes 45 sec delay in reaching the sever to broadcast. hmm now the feed I had this with my feed. but how much things are plug in on the same outlite?

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
It's not Scannercast

I downloaded RadioFeed and the problem continues. RadioFeed actually logs activity, and I can see the feed disconnects from the server about every 30 seconds. This morning the feed was disconnecting more according to the stat page graph. It showed it off-line for 6 hours (while I was away) before I got a page.

Last edited:

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Problem Cleared Up

I don't know what happened but the feed is back to normal (at the moment). I am going to continue to run RadioFeed for now, even though I don't think it was a factor.

jschandua87

Premium Subscriber
I don't know what happened but the feed is back to normal (at the moment). I am going to continue to run RadioFeed for now, even though I don't think it was a factor.

I use radio feed I like it alot better too well I hope it will work good for you

Status
Not open for further replies.