ScannerCast Keeps Stopping...

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kb0nly

After changing to ScannerCast today i have been trying to iron out a few problems.... Well one thing i noticed is ScannerCast randomly stops the listeners?? Whats up with that?

With OddCast i could listen for hours on my laptop, with ScannerCast sometimes its a minute, sometimes its two or three, then i notice i'm not hearing anything and look at the player and its stopped. If i hit play it goes again but then it stops again a few minutes later.

I have tried the webplayer, winamp, windows media player, all of them do the same thing. For now i will have to go back to OddCast cause this program doesnt work.

PeterGV

K1PGV
No, no... ScannerCast doesn't randomly stop the listeners. It's really not able to do that even if it wanted to :) That part is entirely up to the RR Icecast server.

Note that there *were* problems yesterday with the RR servers, so it's entirely likely that's what you're seeing.

Peter
K1PGV

K

kb0nly

But when it was doing this i could close ScannerCast and open OddCast, the old original one i got from Gordon when i joined ScanAmerica, and fire that up and it ran just fine. I could go to RR and listen using the webplayer for as many hours as i wanted.

Here is what i did to troubleshoot..

Ran ScannerCast, went to laptop upstairs and connected to feed using webplayer, after about 5-6 mins it just stopped and i had to click play again, it started going again for another 3-4 minutes and stopped, then i hit play again and it went for about 17 minutes and stopped again. At this point i was fed up and went downstairs and closed ScannerCast and opened OddCast, went back upstairs and refreshed the page a couple times until it showed online again and then clicked play on webplayer, i listened for THREE HOURS no drops no stops, no problems.

Then i made the switch to ProScan last night and the ScanCast in that is doing the same thing. Plus i got up this morning and found it had crashed and a computer reboot was needed to get the program running again.

Status
Not open for further replies.