ScannerCast No Longer Supported

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevelle7192

Premium Subscriber
I am having trouble with a new feed and ScannerCast. I went to the website and learned that he has given up the project. It was working fine on the old feed awhile back. Broadcastify only gives links to SC. Is there another option for feed software for Broadcastify? I run an RS Pro106/197 and Windows Pro. Any ideas?

ChrisABQ

Scannercast is still available with the Broadcastify setup, just download it and run it. Still works great for me with alpha tags and all.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Scannercast is still available with the Broadcastify setup, just download it and run it. Still works great for me with alpha tags and all.
It may work great if you don't mind the added latency. Scannercast contains not one, but two circular buffers. One of the circular buffers will keep increasing in size until a reset each two days. I don't believe the sender should contain any circular buffers. That should be handled by the receiving end to ensure smooth playback.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
It may work great if you don't mind the added latency. Scannercast contains not one, but two circular buffers. One of the circular buffers will keep increasing in size until a reset each two days. I don't believe the sender should contain any circular buffers. That should be handled by the receiving end to ensure smooth playback.

I'd never heard that explained before, thanks for the details! How does RadioFeed compare resource wise? I currently have 5 instances of SC running for feeds.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
So to followup on my own question, in case anyone else is curious, I replaced 2 of my ScannerCast instances with RadioFeed. Running on a core I3 pc with multiple DSD Plus running and Trunk88. Average CPU load went from ~15% to 20-30%. So not a big hit, but a little more.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
So to followup on my own question, in case anyone else is curious, I replaced 2 of my ScannerCast instances with RadioFeed. Running on a core I3 pc with multiple DSD Plus running and Trunk88. Average CPU load went from ~15% to 20-30%. So not a big hit, but a little more.
I'm seeing about .3 to 1.1% CPU utilization here on a Win 10 i7-9700 CPU @ 3GHz. Turning on the Spectrum Analyzer brings it up to about 2 to 3%. If the Web Server is on and serving files then that will add to the utilization.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Actually after I was done tinkering and messing around with things the levels settled out at about the same as where I was with ScannerCast. Took me a few minutes to realize why some of my apps couldn't connect anymore but then I discovered I needed to add /stream at the end of the URL.

Status
Not open for further replies.