ScannerCast, Now Available in TWO FLAVORS

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterGV

K1PGV
No problem at all. This just means that I'll be able to help next dude who has the same problem so much faster!

Enjoy ScannerCast,

Peter
K1PGV

mrkelso

Scanner cast won't reconnect after i have a power failure and my ups shuts down the machine. When i reboot scanercast won't automatically connect to RR. i have the 10 sec box checked off.

PeterGV

K1PGV
What error do you get?

You might try delaying ScannerCast's start by a few seconds (maybe, 30??) if the problem is that ScannerCast is starting too soon, before your network connections are ready.

Peter
K1PGV

mrkelso

What error do you get?

You might try delaying ScannerCast's start by a few seconds (maybe, 30??) if the problem is that ScannerCast is starting too soon, before your network connections are ready.

Peter
K1PGV

How do i delay it? I have it in the startup folder so that when the machine comes up it boots up.

No errors it just doesn't start up

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
I wrote a script that tests for the network adapter to become ready before it starts the applications that depend on networking. That way it always works no matter how long or short the delay might be.

Code:
rem echo off

:netstart
net view \\this_machine
if errorlevel 1 goto :sleep
echo .
net view \\other_machine
if errorlevel 1 goto :nonet

rem Start applications or other startup scripts here

echo on
exit

:sleep
echo sleeping 5

c:\windows\sleep.exe 5
goto :netstart

:nonet
echo Unable to connect to server!!!!!
pause
exit

This is one of many scripts that get started in sequence by a master startup script which steps the machine through them in sequence, rather than crossing its fingers and hoping Microsoft does it in the proper order. Works like a champ for me and you have the flexibility to do just about anything with it this way.

sleep.exe is an ancient utility that still works on XP SP3, don't know about Vista or Win7, but it should. That gives the machine a chance to finish its work before it gets hammered by the script again.

This is just one component of an overall set of startup scripts, but it's a good start.

PeterGV

K1PGV
FYI, the next version of ScannerCast has an option to delay broadcast startup by some number of seconds.... just to mitigate this problem.

Peter
K1PGV

djbrane

Apple iMac

I am in need of a new computer. I was thinking of purchasing an Apple iMac. Will Scannercast support my feed if I switch to Apple?

Mom25

Why does Scanner cast always seem to be down? When my feed is down its usually because Scannercast isnt working properly! So frustrating

Kingscup

Feed Provider
Mine used to go down often when I was using AVG anti-virus software. That could be one cause. Use a different anti-virus program if you are using AVG. Update to the latest Scannercast version if you haven't done so.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Why does Scanner cast always seem to be down? When my feed is down its usually because Scannercast isnt working properly! So frustrating

Despite the fact that Scannercast has not been updated in a while it runs solid with no issues under normal circumstances. Something else on your system is causing it to fail. I run 5 feeds on a Windows 7 Professional platform using Avast Anti-Virus and I have no issues whatsoever. The only time I reboot is after manually performing system upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.