ScannerCast on new PC Missing Essential Settings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Checkerboard

New to streaming a scanner feed... I have been feeding the Tuolumne County (CA) Public Safety feed for about a week or so, using my main desktop PC. However, I need to use this main office PC for Zoom and Teams calls, and unfortunately the Logitech camera/mike becomes muted no matter how I configure the settings on my Windows 10 software. I have a spare Windows 10 PC called an Intel NUC - a small, "cube" PC with more than enough memory and storage and processing power. I want to dedicate this NUC PC to take over the job of streaming my scanner feed.

Even though I downloaded today the same ScannerCast version as on my main PC, it is missing some settings, like audio bit rate ( I run at 40khz for better audio quality on my PC). It is also missing the "Icecast" Tab entirely!

On my main desktop PC, I feed the scanner's audio via a monaural audio cable into the microphone jack in the back of the PC.

On the new NUC, I am using a USB-to-audio female jack adapter. The adapter has two female mini phone jacks, presumably for left and right channels. I am using a mono audio cable from the scanner's earphone output jack to one side of that USB audio adapter. I have it temporarily hooked up to a handheld scanner, and have verified the audio is streaming OK to Broadcastify.

I would like to be able to increase the bitrate sampling to 40kHz but am at a loss as to how to accomplish this.

I would also like to have ScannerCast work, and appear, as it does on my main PC.

Below are two screenshots of ScannerCast as it appears on my main PC (with bitrate and the tab for Icecast), and the "crippled" version as it appears on my NUC PC.

Thanks all, KM6U

Scannercast screenshot on current PC with more Settings available.JPG

Intel NUC new PC Scannercast screenshot Missing Settings(002).png

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Delete the RR Edition on the NUC and replace it with the version you have on the desktop. You don't need an installer, simply grab all of the files in the ScannerCast directory and copy them to the NUC. You probably want to delete ScannerCast.ini after copying, as that would contain all of your feed settings from the desktop, and you'd want to start fresh on the NUC.

1660610701764.png

Checkerboard

Delete the RR Edition on the NUC and replace it with the version you have on the desktop. You don't need an installer, simply grab all of the files in the ScannerCast directory and copy them to the NUC. You probably want to delete ScannerCast.ini after copying, as that would contain all of your feed settings from the desktop, and you'd want to start fresh on the NUC.

View attachment 126068
Thanks - it's worth a try. But did you notice that both screenshots, at the top, indicate identical ScannerCast versions?

Checkerboard

View attachment 126068
Well shoot- that worked- got the "full" version of ScannerCast mounted on my NUC PC! - Thank you very much, KM6U. Now for the connection of my BCD-365 scanner and some audio test checks...

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Thanks - it's worth a try. But did you notice that both screenshots, at the top, indicate identical ScannerCast versions?
One is the "RR Edition" as I noted in my previous post. That edition is dummied down to only allow streaming to Broadcastify at a fixed bitrate.

Checkerboard

One is the "RR Edition" as I noted in my previous post. That edition is dummied down to only allow streaming to Broadcastify at a fixed bitrate.
Thank you for clarifying that the RR version is "dumbed down" from the full version - I have been scratching my head trying to figure out why two downloads of the apparently-same version would look and be so different. I guess I forgot that my main PC's download of a few weeks ago was directly from the ScannerCast author's website.

Status
Not open for further replies.